You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Nov 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Slice
Active

AH WANNA WORKERS AND MATERIALS FROM THE USA.

Ah so damn tired of paying to do one job two and three time.  Why the hell Grenadian workmanship is so Damn shootty?  Things I thought I deal with, have to do it all over again.  Thought this Grenadian trip, was suppose to be relaxing, but know stuff are coming apart of the seams.

Yesterday Expat ah say ah coming by you, ah pass you gap and ah see car, ah say ah coming right back.  I got to the Baluster guy and me day ended right there.  Did not leave until 6pm.

Every Grenadian more worried about the US elections than Americans.  Ah stop talking about the election, ah done.

The good news is ah have plenty Sugar Apples, Paw paw, Golden Apples and few sprinkles of mangoes.

Life is still great here.  Just ah bit busy.

#2 Nov 06, 2020 4:18 pm

Expat
Active

Re: AH WANNA WORKERS AND MATERIALS FROM THE USA.

One of the reasons I am either knackered, and sleeping, or working hard is I just do not trust locals to do anything without fking it up somehow.

Even simple things like leaping to help you load something on the roof rack. Pound to a penny they will scratch the bodywork of the car while they are "helping".

Why did you do that?  I thought thats what you wanted. No, I told you do the other thing, Oh I didn't understand. WELL BLOODY well say you didn't understand. Or, thats how we do it here. Yes, thats why the bloody thing always breaks down. Doing the same thing time after time the same way and expecting a different result is on the way to insanity.

Heavy or high jobs I get help, but I pardon the expression... oversee the work.

I almost had to fight my general purpose worker yesterday to get a piece of fencing pulled into a right angle shape rather than just the shortest rout possible. Now it looks like something. But I had to cajole to get it done the way I wanted.

I suspect you will be a JCB for a long time dude.  smile

Board footer