You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Nov 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Dancer
Active

MAGNESIUM is a mineral

Our bodies need Magnesium.
Magnesium is a co -factor in more than 300 enzyme systems , that regulate diverse biochemical reactions in the body. This includes protein synthesis.
This regulation is needed in muscle and nerve function  ; blood glucose control  , blood pressure ... keep joints fluid.
We need about 450 mg per day of Mg.   But drink your milk also ,calcium. goes together.

'Genestra'    is a good Brand  ..... they say . lo
Cal and mag raspberry liquid 
mag Glycinate liquid
Mag Taurate ......   .....

Do you need a Magnesium Supplement ?    GET ON IT . 
LORD !!!!  I forgot
'you can go GREEN and gets lots of Mag ,  green beans, kale , and others .

#2 Nov 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Expat
Active

Re: MAGNESIUM is a mineral

If you eat a Keto diet you will get all that, as it is principally Meats, ie Fish, Chicken, Beef Pork what ever, and vegetables....Healthy oils like Coconut, and using butter,  leaving out the starches, and straight carbs.

the weight will drop off unless you are just plain greedy. Your blood vessels will improve, your heart will be better, your overall health will be better.

Basically turning the bullshite food pyramid they presented us with where grains are at the top of the good list, which is an absolute crap perception. Grains increase inflammation within the body, even without the Glyphosate. They encourage diabetes, Heart attacks, Cancers, and general malaise. Ever had your cerial breakfast, felt fine, and then 1/2 to an hour later you feel hungry again? Just like Chinese food.

#3 Nov 23, 2020 11:42 am

Dancer
Active

Expat   , what got me was  * Ever had you  cereal breakfast , felt fine .... hungry again

Well Mr Expat   ,,,, share whats a filling breakfast. Jeez.

#4 Nov 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Slice
Active

I have never eat cereal as ah meal. Hate the damn thing.  BTW, now ah love Grenada again, ah just found Lactaid ice cream.

#5 Nov 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

Expat   , what got me was  * Ever had you  cereal breakfast , felt fine .... hungry again

Well Mr Expat   ,,,, share whats a filling breakfast. Jeez.

Now don't do as I do, do as I say... I have a mueslie from the UK most days for breakfast, simply because it is fast and no fuss. AND, I often feel hungry again quite quickly.... But at least I am up.

Some people will eat a solid cooked breakfast, and find they can go all the way through the day until evening time without feeling hungry. I have done that myself on a few occasions.

Fry ups, especially with Corn Oil and all those other produced oils I moan on about definitely are not what you want to be poisoning yourself with too often.

Fruits, veggies, all that stuff. A couple of Hard Bioiled eggs. There is even the case for chomping on a lump of meat, as would be the case with a Carnivore diet. I have been known to chomp on two or three slices of ham and feel fine for a good while.

#6 Nov 23, 2020 8:38 pm

houston
Active

Porridge sticks to the ribs, steel cut oats are the best.
Bit of a hassle in the morning but it slowly releases energy so you're good to go for a while.
Topped with sliced banana, wild blueberries and maple syrup is a bonus. Sets you up for the entire day.

#7 Nov 24, 2020 9:09 am

Expat
Active

Actually stone ground, which you aint going to get easily today is best. But that asside, like I said don't do what I do, but grains plain and simple are not good for you. even before the advent of GMO and the abundant use of Glyphosate, a spin off of agent orange I seem to remember... The plant itself has toxins in it to protect it from insect attack, and they alone are not good for your guts.

Today, completely out of my normal 3 fresh, as I nearly looked in the chickens eye while they laid, boiled eggs. Protein, Omega 3, loads of vitemeins and minerals. And out of grains you get?  Lets see... err what was it.... Oh yes, carbohydrates, weight gain, diabetes, leaky gut syndrome, etc etc.  I did say don't do what I do, cos I take the easy option myself most times.

Board footer