You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Nov 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Slice
Active

TODAY AH HAD ME OIL CHANGE.

Me fab is also not working.

Grenada crazy.  This morning ah took my vehicle to get an oils change, got there at 9am.  Did not leave until 2pm.  Yep 2pm.  First in line. He said ah hour and ah half for oil change and fab reprogram. $200.00 fab.  I got so frustrated at 1.45pm ,I say no other work for now just the oil change please.

I am not complaining, just describing my experiences here in the Beautiful Isle of Spice.  Over two weeks here and still cant fine time for friends and family.

Someone just brought me about 10 Beautiful Sugar Apples. Plenty bananas, paw paw and avocado.  The good with the bad. Life in Grenada. I have not even seen ah beach yet.

#2 Nov 13, 2020 9:16 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: TODAY AH HAD ME OIL CHANGE.

Service? Punctuality? Reliability? You'd best get such dangerous notions out of that JCB head of yours oui, else you're due for a lifetime of high blood pressure in Grenada!

#3 Nov 14, 2020 11:05 am

Expat
Active

I think I just figured it... Fob?

You went to Steeles right. They are from my experience very ineficient, incapable, untrustworthy, and expensive... did I miss anything?

To get a reprogramming on a fob I would guess you HAVE to go to them. But almost anything else. Nah.

When I had to replace a missing key set with the fob, I paid an arm and a leg for the thing, and then because the battery was dead... I think it would have come with the fob anyway, they charged me $25 for a new one... which probably doesn't even cost $5 in ACE.

They told me I needed new shocks after I had installed 2 new ones 6 weeks prior.

They had the front stripped down without may authorisation.

They didn't even have the shocks in stock, so would have had to buy them from the same spare parts shop on River Road I did. But they tut tutted and said oh, if they are not Toyata parts they could fail.

#4 Nov 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Slice
Active

Went to the place by SOG.  Not me again.  Never never again.  I learn ah valuable lesson.  Cant ask for help for eveything.  Got to try and figure it out, but my next move ah asking.  Expat here I come, ah begging you, not me again.

#5 Nov 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Learn to change the oil yourself.  It isn't difficult.

#6 Nov 14, 2020 6:55 pm

Slice
Active

These newer vehicles, do not have that canister Oil filter.  I would of searching from now till next year, ah was not going to find that Oil Filter.

#7 Nov 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Expat
Active

What car is that?

Board footer