You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Nov 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Slice
Active

Re: 250,000 passings

It is very scary.  Vaccinated is the only remedy for now.  Not rushing to get it, but some sense of normalcy must prevail. Grenada, ent trust Americans, so ah staying me ARSE home.  Americans can be very stupid at times.  Went to a place called Dodgy Dock Wednesday.  Live music and thing, it was nice, but one American could not contain herself,  she had to huge the singer and start dancing with him, no mask, ah say lord. I do think things will start to improve under Biden.  Well ah hoping.

Not looking forward to spending Xmas in America.

#12 Nov 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

There are only three possible paths forward for Grenada.

1) Nearly universal vaccination.

2) Stay closed and quarantined forever.

3) Open up and let Covid run wild.

I don't see a fourth option.

#13 Nov 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Expat
Active

I don't get your acquiescence, What good Vaccine news.

There is some Bullshite out there about 95% success rate, but as a person with a self professed  scientific inclination, who must have done just a little bit of mathematics, even you surely can see that 95 people INFECTED out of 30,000  with 90 of them being placebo doesn't equate to 95% effective.

Most Scientists including Bill Gates best mate Fauci say it does not stop infection, it does not stop spread, it just reduces symptoms.... even then they don't know by how much, and if you consider most people LIKE YOURSELF, either have no symptoms, or hardly any how the F. F, do you establish if they reduced the symptoms at all.

I am not being antivaxx, I am simply stating the obvious.

You need a much bigger incident base, and some method of determining how much efficassy there was in terms of symptom reduction... pretty much impossible, and several months if not years to determin what the outcomes are for putting snippets of foreign DNA/RNA into a human.

They are blowing so much smoke up your arse I can see little wisps coming out of your nose.

#14 Nov 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

So what's your plan for Grenada?  If you take out vaccination you are left with two choices...

Live under lock-downs, quarantines and travel restrictions forever, or...

Open up and pretty much waste the last seven months of caution and let her rip.

Which is it?

Frankly, my likely immunity is all well and good but the situation still sucks.  My immunity doesn't bring back fairs, carnivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, church service, events at my Legion Hall, flea markets, museums, theater, family reunions, church picnics, vacations to Europe and on and on and on.  I may be immune but the world still sucks.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Nov 20, 2020 7:39 pm)

#15 Nov 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Expat
Active

Well, all the while we have sensible admittance restrictions, we can still have International travel, so while affected we are not totally isolated. We have more of a problem visiting you lot. Because on entering foreign we go from almost no risk at all to relitively high risk. Me I aint leaving Paradise.

We are all going to continue doing what everyone else will have to do, vaccine or not. ie masks (even though they don't work) and social distancing, because the VACCINE IS NOT GOING TO STOP TRANSMISSION, so far as we can tell, and that is official from Fauci and many others, as I keep saying.

So we will be happy little boys and girls up to the point YOU all get over it.

Last edited by Expat (Nov 20, 2020 7:45 pm)

#16 Nov 20, 2020 8:10 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Yep, nothing ever stops transmission.  I had chicken pox as a kid and probably had it 20 times since then.  I only had symptoms the first time.  I never had measles, rubella or polio symptoms at all, although I am sure the virus from each has been in my body.  See, I was vaccinated.  The good news is that my immune system quickly dispatched the viruses before I was contagious.

Still, Grenada's future looks grim without vaccines.  I think we will be back to normal here by summer.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Nov 20, 2020 8:22 pm)

#17 Nov 20, 2020 11:01 pm

Expat
Active

You will be VERY lucky to be back to normal. If you are it is because the "scientists" have stopped testing and getting false posatives, and the 20% who are likely to get it have got it.

So long as Granny and Grandpa and your obese cousin with heart isues and diabetes are either kept away from the college kids, or are not infected in their old peoples homes you will continue until it is a done deal.

Lets say it one more time 80% of the population already have herd immunity, or are going to get such mild symptoms it doesn't matter.

The 20% can mostly be identified as OLD, already laden with co-morbidities, or just are unfortunate to be susceptable due to "weak genes".

You are literally killing millions by locking them up.

Something we have never doen before for ALL the other epidemics.

Once you have been panicked, as you certainly seem to be, you are just gullible enough to believe any crap. You have proved this, you claimed to think you had it along with your children due to the classic mild symptoms, yet you are desperate for a vaccine to protect you... FFS. Intestinal fortitude man intestinal fortitude.

Like I said I aint going to foreign simply because it would frankly be stupid at a) my age, and b) I have a condition the virus would almost certainly excacerbate, but I am not risk averse when it comes to day to day things. I climb trees, I work on live electrical supplies where necessary, I use chain saws, sharp tools etc etc. It is a simple calculation of ones ability, ones experience. But to walk down a street or go into a confined space behind someone who might be churning out the virus when it is unnecessary is dumb. So I am not going to put myself in your environment when it is not necessary.

Were I living in the UK, or America I would go about my daily business with caution. When you have little to no choice then you just have to get on with it. I am sorry I find fear baffling. I know people who are afraid of their own shadow almost, and it drives me to desperation. I arrived in this basically foreign land and I just get on with it, cutting bush, walking around at night, doing all kinds of stuff I am told I am crazy to do because of snakes, or the one in a million chance of a criminal escaping from jail and wanting to kill me... Oh FFS. life is too short to be that scared.

Running into a shopping mall with guns going off... I might think more than twice. As a civillian probably not. You as a law officer, I am going to recognise your guts. In a bank with a guy waving a gun around I might be stupid enough to offer the fool the chance to drop the gun. But just a slight move in my direction would mean a hollow point to the heart. Maybe it's the genes, my heredity, but as I think you know Brits of old at least were pretty stoic. You do what you gotta do.

I don't look for trouble mostly, although Slice has seen at least one of my antics, and if paraphrased called me a mad man. but I dont crap myself at the first hint of a problem. You must have noticed by now, I am not very good at backing down.

Last edited by Expat (Nov 20, 2020 11:05 pm)

Board footer