You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Dec 21, 2020 1:15 am

houston
Active

Pitcairn Island

Not a bad place to be during a pandemic.
Population 50, though difficult to find work if your surname is not Christian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcairn_Islands

#2 Dec 21, 2020 11:15 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Pitcairn Island

A few years ago I got really interested in the Bounty and life on Pitcairn.  I read everything I could find.  It is fascinating.

#3 Dec 21, 2020 11:25 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Pitcairn Island

Lots on inbreeding. Years ago the Cayman Islands were like that, everyone called Bodden or Banks! It was said that young girls would jump the bones of passing sailors, just to get some fresh blood lol!!

Pitcairn featured in this year's edition of Sad Samuel Sagas; this tale about my sister-in-law Pat, who was a senior UK civil servant:

She was the unknown face behind the unknown war; even her name was unknown. Under her cover as the Cabinet Office’s Chief of Charities she ran a global network of wet assets, to do the dirty work no politician would ever authorize. Her most famous kill was a long range shot from the back of a speeding motorcycle, ridden by her husband, a swarthy Moroccan. Sadly she was a victim of her own success, when her very existence became an embarrassment to HM Government. In a face-saving move she and her hirsute husband were shipped off to govern Pitcairn, the world’s most remote island. Last seen running an orphanage for cross-eyed kids and spending long hours fishing on their decrepit yacht, appropriately called “We Had It All”.

Board footer