You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Dec 21, 2020 10:45 am

Expat
Active

Numbers up again

Grenada 54 active cases. 103 in total since the start.

Will people get serious before we get deaths, or are they going to carry on with masks under their noses?

#2 Dec 22, 2020 12:30 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Numbers up again

It is going to be very interesting to see, how many deaths.  Read this morning that the CDC, has sent letter to world leaders, encouraging them to ask their folks to get 4000 ccs of Vitamin D.  They say at least 2000.

Grenada is ah real test case for Vitamin D.

#3 Dec 22, 2020 12:34 pm

New Historian
Active

And still not a single death in Greenz. Is this why "some people" say we're overreacting?

#4 Dec 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Slice
Active

It could be the sun.  That sun ent making joke in Grenada.  I would say about 80% of Grenadians love the sun.  While ah shading, they are not, they right dey in the sun.  Even me good PADNAH while talking to him, in the comfort of my vehicle he was working his ARSE off in the sun.

Covid is ah serious thing and you are foolish to not take it seriously.

#5 Dec 23, 2020 9:09 am

Expat
Active

I don't think they are over reacting- much- maybe just a little, but we really need to give credit for slamming the doors shut at the beginning, and tracing out those cases from Agro Industries so that we have only had a trickle of cases until the Sandals debacle.

VitD is a major help, also VitC, and Zinc all used as a prophylactic. So yes, the Sun can help, but if it was a certainty of protection, there would not have been a hump of cases in Cuba and Jamaica, they all get lots of Sun too.

I think we HAVE to be treated like children, simply because so many adults have the responsibility capabilities of a child.

I think we must all surely know now that while it may be being misdiagnosed, and mishandled, and many many deaths are simply people who were at deaths door in the first place, it is not a hoax, and should be treated as the dangerous illness it is.

The fact we have not had a death yet is probably simply luck, combined with the low numbers giving medics the chance to concentrate on a few patients unlike foreign where at some points they have been overwhelmed.

#6 Dec 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Slice
Active

Maybe ah wrong, but ah just doh think Grenada, can handle just one case of Very ill COVID.

Board footer