You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Dec 26, 2020 8:55 am

Slice
Active

AMERICA AND GRENADA, SAME PLANET, BUT WORLDS APART

Living in Grenada is like living ah dream or should ah say spending time there. On any given day, or moment one of my friends can drop by and the party has started, or ah get ah phone call saying Slice wha you doing?  We stopping by, and that is your day.  Despite all the plans you made for the day, your day is now ah party.

While I was there for the first months, there was no covid; so I can do what the hell ah want. No mask no social distancing.  On ah Friday night ah would jump in me car and lime with ah bunch of drunkards.  It started irritating me at one point doh, every drunkard wanted to be in my face, and that kinda made me real vex, but ah got over it.

Now ah understand why they say it is like living in Paradise.  It is truly a paradise, no worries, just take what is given to you.  Life in Grenada, if you have a little bit ah monies and have some well placed connections is ah gift.  Doh get me wrong, living in Grenada, is like living two hundred years ago.  The place backward like hell.

Then came December 17th, ah had to leave. My emotions was mixed, wanted to see me wife and child, but wanted to stay.  I knew if ah stayed, my wife would never ever forgive me for not spending the holidays with her.

From the time ah got off that plane in BWI, my life has not been the same.  The weather has been dreadful, cold as frigging ice and TV and family is my entertainment.  Ah ready to go back.  Ah so damn jealous of Expat and NH.

Love America, but ah also love Grenada. Slice confused.

For the first time in my life, ah stayed home all day on Xmas day, and had no visitors.

America is not the place to be right now.

#2 Dec 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Expat
Active

Re: AMERICA AND GRENADA, SAME PLANET, BUT WORLDS APART

Tings a changin here too boy. Apart from a few rum suckers at the bar at the bottom most folks is keeping their distance.

It was just me and she for Xmas, with a very distant passby by the daughter and grandaughter, but no close contact, safety first.

I am not sure if they were protecting us from them, or them from us, but no closeness.

Cases going up slowly, not sure where or how, as they feel it more important to maintain privacy than let us know where we have to be super vigillent.

We are up to 55 active cases.

#3 Dec 26, 2020 7:41 pm

houston
Active

Interesting story of how easily this thing can spread among families. Also interesting that the mother never tested positive.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brun … -1.5854124

#4 Dec 26, 2020 8:30 pm

houston
Active

Could the mother, being a front line worker, have been a carrier with no symptoms? Could she have had it, spread it to her family and now test negative?
Would she now have the antibody if she did have it in the past and therefore be immune?
Lots of questions regarding who has it, who has had it and who has immunity.
Young and old in this story had minor reactions but there is no doubt that this is a deadly disease for many others.

#5 Dec 30, 2020 9:25 am

Slice
Active

I think this disease makes the experts go crazy. Fauci said that in some cases, in households four folks get it, but for some reason, one person just do not get it. Maybe just maybe that is natures way of protecting us.  It seems like some folks are immune from it.

#6 Dec 30, 2020 9:28 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

Tings a changin here too boy. Apart from a few rum suckers at the bar at the bottom most folks is keeping their distance.

It was just me and she for Xmas, with a very distant passby by the daughter and grandaughter, but no close contact, safety first.

I am not sure if they were protecting us from them, or them from us, but no closeness.

Cases going up slowly, not sure where or how, as they feel it more important to maintain privacy than let us know where we have to be super vigillent.

We are up to 55 active cases.

Good news coming or already here, they are saying the English vaccine, is a game changer.  Very different from the other two and is much more traditioned.
  Maybe that means, you Expat might stop railing against it. Ah taking the vaccine.

Board footer