You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 03, 2021 2:23 pm

New Historian
Active

Our Covid comfort blanket gone

1 dead.

#2 Jan 03, 2021 8:31 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Our Covid comfort blanket gone

Yes, and the daughter saying the covid line did not pick up when the man was trying to get help, and was was then misdiagnosed in the hospital in Carriacou without even being sounded, or finding his elevated sugar. Amendement  for those that read this before I realised I ahd done a Chinese whisper... Alexis sent him home saying he had elevated sugar...  Ooops sorry.

Sorry having had my step daughter killed by inadequate care in the General hospital 12 years ago, I reckon things still haven't changed.

More mess ups on my part, I was thinking the Princess alice was in Carriacou... Of course it is somewhere around Paradise, Maribou.

The Person was from Birch Grove.

Aparently his wife is now showing symptoms too, so we wish her well.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 04, 2021 9:52 am)

#3 Jan 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

We have 24 dead per 100,000 in my county. You have a lot of catching up to do.

#4 Jan 04, 2021 4:44 pm

New Historian
Active

Wha dis ole man come down here with Covid to die for? He's coming from first world healthcare to shithole Grenada with Covid, and pre-existing conditions? He really had a death wish!

#5 Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm

Expat
Active

My guess, he like the rest of us thought it could never happen to us.

He left America instead of keeping their numbers going up he kindly7 decided to screw our record.... But lets be fair, he didn't feel unwell, he tested negative in the US, so would think he is ok, although of course you could be infected 10 minutes after being tested.

He was of course tested again in Grenada, and was reasured he was negative.  So he would be ok, right, after all those PCR test is the gold standard right.. Fricking wrong, it is total BS. The number of times they magnify the base sample is so great it is totally unreliable.  If they only mutiplied it up to 20 times it is accurate, over that up to the point where American and WEuropean labs multiply it it abou as reliable as an old Austin Mini.

He may have causght it in the airport, on the plane, who knows, but he felt he was OK, and unfortunately he was wrong.

#6 Jan 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

We have 24 dead per 100,000 in my county. You have a lot of catching up to do.

Have you lost all sense of reason lately? Man you are so off on all this, one has to wonder if you are on some psychedelic drug or something.

We only have 112,000 citizens.

If one small outburst went wrong with extremely limited bed space for covid patients we could exceed that figure easily.

Get out, I know it's cold but wrap up like mummy used to do for you, take a walk in the fresh air and clear your brain.

#7 Jan 04, 2021 10:28 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I made a droll comment.  It was dark humor.  You used to be able to detect that without me spelling it out for you.

#8 Jan 05, 2021 12:29 am

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I made a droll comment.  It was dark humor.  You used to be able to detect that without me spelling it out for you.

LOL!!

#9 Jan 05, 2021 10:11 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

It may have been meant as droll humour, but the figures you quoted and the context made it difficult to interpret that way.

Not so much on here but there are times when I say completely outlandish things very often what might be called "Black Humour" and despite the completely over the top statement "they" think I really meant it... That has happened on here to I recall.

However 24, per 100,000 doesn't seem to fit into that category. Even if it had been 124, in the event of an outbreak in Grenada that could be quite feasible.

So OK, it was not recieved as intended, but I think it was a reasonable response.

#10 Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Then let me speak quite literally. 

I hope you don't, as I said, "catch up" to us.  I never wanted that.  In fact, my comment was self-effacing in that our death rate is so much worse than in Grenada.  I am sorry Grenada had even one death.  I pray that soon Grenada and everyone will be safe from this virus.

Board footer