You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 12, 2021 3:29 pm

Slice
Active

WHY DO I STILL HAVE A HOUSE PHONE?

Mostly lessons learn.  When the electric is gone, you cant charge your house phone. I am sure that might happen again, but during emergencies Cell Phones become overloaded and they are no use.  Like the last Ice storms when we also lost electric for more than 10 days.

Thought it would happen by now, but soon the Verizons of this world will make them antique.

Still ah question why ah paying so much for it, but will never ever get rid of it.

#2 Jan 13, 2021 1:22 pm

gripe
Active

Re: WHY DO I STILL HAVE A HOUSE PHONE?

Slice, I understand your reluctance to separate yourself from your house phone.

I'll go a bit further and recall the use of pay phones and the once popular phone booths. In the case of Grenada, I was not pleased that they removed the red phone booth that was strategically placed on the Carenage. Some folks just don't understand that some relics have some lasting value even if their practical utility for the consumer, compared to newer items, has long been put to bed.

#3 Jan 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Expat
Active

Re: WHY DO I STILL HAVE A HOUSE PHONE?

If you have a straight wired phone you aint got to charge nuffin, it runs off the systems base current.

If you are using a wireless phone, then yes you gonna lose it.

If the line goes down, you are going to lose it.

If you do what Flow wants and they get you on cable, then just like the wireless phone the moment the power is out your phone is gone. No power for the modem, no power for the phone.

Which is just one of the reasons I am hanging onto my wired phone until they take down the lines.

PS, no wired phone no phone book entry.

Board footer