You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 28, 2021 10:55 pm

Expat
Active

THIS is why the World has shut down

This is INSANE.

Screenshot-2021-01-28-20-39-49.png

At this point in time just over 110,000 serious or critical patients in hospital with covid.

The mild to moderately ill are not even admitted into hospital.

The whole freeking world is Fkd for 110,000 sick people of which at least 40% are aged, and almost dead anyway.

The rest are like RD, had a headache, felt off for a couple of days. Some have long lasting conditions, but the VAST majority just had a frigging bad cold.

If you weren't such a total bunch of freedom loving dick heads, and kept your bloody backside quiet, and actually used a test at a multiplication factor where it was nearly accurate we a wouldn't have half those cases at all, and if they hasn't played games with Hydroycloroquine, where more than half the World has a MUCH lower rate of illness than the West.

Shit this thing would be over.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 28, 2021 10:55 pm)

#2 Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: THIS is why the World has shut down

Expat wrote:

The rest are like RD, had a headache, felt off for a couple of days. Some have long lasting conditions, but the VAST majority just had a frigging bad cold.

Actually, since I couldn't taste food for two weeks I ate a lot less and lost about 10 pounds which was a fine thing. 

Sadly, I have put it back on. sad

#3 Jan 29, 2021 2:14 pm

Dancer
Active

That's what I am trying to do ,  keep the pounds  away .

A job in the winter . lo

#4 Jan 29, 2021 2:44 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Actually, since I couldn't taste food for two weeks I ate a lot less and lost about 10 pounds which was a fine thing. 

Sadly, I have put it back on. sad

Eat plenty of meat, fatty is not a problem, Fish, and Fowl, loads of non starchy vegetables, butter, avoid processed and processed foods, cos they are laden with HFCS, give bread, pasta, and sugar, and basically as many carbs as you can manage a miss, and the pounds will just keep coming off. You will also lose any potential for being Diabetic. Also fruit juices are low fibre, and high sugar it doesn't matter that it's fructose, and not any healthier than drinking Coke. All the basic oils you see in your supermarket are crap. Completely counter to the rubbish they have been pushing since a crap piece of research back in the 60's. Those oils are inflamatory to your system, and will encourage problems you didn't have, and will exascerbate problems you already have. Much despised for all the wrong reasons Coconut oil is far far better.

Also unless you are lactose intollerent drink full milk, not skimmed or low fat milk, as skimmed milk is what body builders and athletes use to gain weight, as it is low in fat.... which is not fattening, and high in the only thing thats really left which is sugars.

Those crap oils make your blood sticky so the cells clump, which means your heart has to work harder, which raises blood pressure, and is more likely to cause strokes and heart disease.

I have the reverse problem, I have to go out of my way to keep the weight on, as while I don't eat a perfect diet, I eat well enough, and BURN lot's of calories, so even though I take in some carbs, I tend to burn more than I store. I currently give or take what I weighed as a fit healthy young man at 18-25 years of age. When I worked in a very physical environment.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 29, 2021 2:52 pm)

#5 Jan 29, 2021 7:37 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

My problem is that I have been working from my home office since March.  When I worked downtown, I would have lunch and nothing else.  It is too easy to snack at home.  I know how to keep the weight off, I just don't have the discipline I guess.

#6 Jan 30, 2021 9:39 am

Expat
Active

After being redundant at Rolls Royce I was very sedentary. Huge amounts of time in the car followed by hours doing admin at the PC, and then lolling about on the settee watching TV.

I didn't really see it, but I was about 3 stone, 52lbs heavier.

I was similarly surprised when I went on the scales and saw the pounds dropping off here in Grenada.

I could pay people to do all kinds of jobs, but apart from the likelyhood of dissatisfaction I just like the idea of keeping busy/fit... Not all the time I must admit....  smile

Depending what the snacks are... If they are purchased they probably are as bad a s hell for you.... But put that aside, as a person who used to eat light maybe 5 times a day... call it snacking.. maybe eat just snacks, as long as they are wholesome, but cut out the heavy evening meal?

Because I have eaten small for quite a long time, I literally cannot eat a regular dinner without feeling awful afterwards. The eat as much as you like Chinese restaurants in the UK definitely make money when I go there.

#7 Jan 30, 2021 10:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Well, I am not obese.  I am 6'3' and 205 lbs.  I could stand to lose a few.

#8 Jan 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Well, I am not obese.  I am 6'3' and 205 lbs.  I could stand to lose a few.

Yep,  I couldn't resist it, and I dived into my UK BMI calculator, and you are correct, it deems you, est age 57, 6'3" male to be overweight.

I back worked it and to be in the middle of your healthy range of BMI they say.... roughly 175 lbs... so yep 30lbs to lose to be mid line healthy BMI, but 196lbs squeeks you into the top end of the healthy band.

Me, I have a slightly LOW healthy BMI of 20.5. You can play xylaphones on my ribs... smile

#9 Jan 30, 2021 4:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Of course that is madness.  When I got down to 195 people were asking me if I was ill.  If I weighed 175 I would be a scarecrow.  I haven't weighed that little since 1982.  I weighed 190 when I was a paratrooper going on daily six mile runs.  If you were to look at me you wouldn't deem be overweight, at least not by much.

The problem with BMI is that it doesn't take other factors into account such as muscle mass. It also isn't very good if you are very tall or very short. 

My waist to height ratio is 0.45 which means I am fine. Check it out.

https://www.health-calc.com/body-compos … ight-ratio

#10 Jan 30, 2021 7:27 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Of course that is madness.  When I got down to 195 people were asking me if I was ill.  If I weighed 175 I would be a scarecrow.  I haven't weighed that little since 1982.  I weighed 190 when I was a paratrooper going on daily six mile runs.  If you were to look at me you wouldn't deem be overweight, at least not by much.

The problem with BMI is that it doesn't take other factors into account such as muscle mass. It also isn't very good if you are very tall or very short. 

My waist to height ratio is 0.45 which means I am fine. Check it out.

https://www.health-calc.com/body-compos … ight-ratio

Right back at you with that is madness. I am 6ft, and normally fit in 34 waisted trousers, although the tape at 1 inch above the belly button says 36", which makes me a 49 on that scale. One inch below 50 which "requires attention", according to that calculator.

Considering most of the family here thinks I am emaciated, and while I think I am just like 2 pounds short of perfect for my height and build. Without being a strapping chap, or heavy with muscles... I was always lean, even when I was 3 stone heavier I was not chubby, just a bit fuller in the face, and I took 36 trousers instead of the 34's.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 30, 2021 7:32 pm)

Board footer