You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 28, 2021 11:24 pm

Expat
Active

There ya go Slice, a new look for you

Dont just stop at 2 masks, go the whole hog.

Screenshot-2021-01-28-23-23-04.png

#2 Jan 29, 2021 9:07 am

Slice
Active

Re: There ya go Slice, a new look for you

Yep that is it.  They say if you are wearing ah good mask, like N95, no need to wear another one.  They say wear a face shield with the N95.  I did that when ah was traveling.

#3 Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am

Expat
Active

The N95 may do something. In close contact as in nursing goggles and even a face shield to prevent being sprayed with bodily fluids makes some sense.

To wear a face shield by itself is totally moronic, as air particles will go around the shield.

Wearing a face mask with a mask is slightly less so, but if the vapour can get round the mask it can get into your eyes, you have got it regardless. Flankly it's bloody silly.

#4 Jan 29, 2021 12:24 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

As I have said, if you are going to spend more than 15 minutes with someone, masks are worthless.  The vapor from each of your breathing will be shared over and over.

If you are out shopping, and are going to be in contact with people for a minute or so, it is worth wearing.   You won't be with them long enough to breathe enough of their air to make you sick.

The mask is, however, 100% effective in stopping flying spit, slobber, phlegm and snot.  The only way you are going to become infect with a short encounter is if you get flying slobber from a person in your mouth, nostril or eyes.  Masks definitely prevent that from happening.

In other words, masks don't do a lot but they aren't worthless.

#5 Jan 29, 2021 2:05 pm

Dancer
Active

After reading your  view of 'masks'    .... I am confused  ,, the last sentence did it . '

> In other words , masks don't do a lot but they aren't worthless <

...  What a perfect example of disinformation in today's world . Q. lo

#6 Jan 29, 2021 3:11 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

As I have said, if you are going to spend more than 15 minutes with someone, masks are worthless.  The vapor from each of your breathing will be shared over and over.

If you are out shopping, and are going to be in contact with people for a minute or so, it is worth wearing.   You won't be with them long enough to breathe enough of their air to make you sick.

The mask is, however, 100% effective in stopping flying spit, slobber, phlegm and snot.  The only way you are going to become infect with a short encounter is if you get flying slobber from a person in your mouth, nostril or eyes.  Masks definitely prevent that from happening.

In other words, masks don't do a lot but they aren't worthless.

Unlike Dancer I am not confused, I follow your sentements exactly. May D doesn't get "viral load".

You catch a little bit of particulate your crappy immune system might be able to fight it. You suck in gallons of bacteria, and even with a good immune system your goose could be cooked. Masks if they are not surgical, might cut down your intake. Surgical masks are vertually useless. T^heh have not been Cosh tested, and they simple as RD says, stops you spluttering boogers over the person next to you, which is why surgeons and nurses wear them. To protect the patient from them, not the Nurse or Doctor from patient.
Until now, when they are doing all kinds of shit which is why Doctors and Nurses have been dying.

Doctors and nurses are safer in the ICU than on the general ward.

Board footer