You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 29, 2021 6:23 pm

Expat
Active

Bidens boys gunning for gun owners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuR__VAzj-4

Seems to me they are totally over the top.

Maybe they are reaching far to get a lesser deal?

#2 Feb 01, 2021 11:24 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Bidens boys gunning for gun owners

American politics has a tinge of insanity . Covid  19  did not help.
With the Donald gone 'no fun'. sad.

#3 Feb 01, 2021 1:02 pm

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

But Expat Biden did nothing on guns so far.  Ah mean nothing.

#4 Feb 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I read through it.  It would make rifles I have owned since the 1980s illegal.  It would require me to spend days and days to be trained.  It would require be to register and pay a lot of money. 

It will never, ever pass in this form and, if it did, it would almost certainly be ruled unconstitutional by the courts.

#5 Feb 01, 2021 6:49 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I read through it.  It would make rifles I have owned since the 1980s illegal.  It would require me to spend days and days to be trained.  It would require be to register and pay a lot of money. 

It will never, ever pass in this form and, if it did, it would almost certainly be ruled unconstitutional by the courts.

#6 Feb 01, 2021 6:56 pm

New Historian
Active

RD, what form of gun control do you favour? I mean, would you accept, without storming the Capitol? That's a lol by the way.

#7 Feb 02, 2021 8:08 pm

WH Man
Active

New Historian wrote:

RD, what form of gun control do you favour? I mean, would you accept, without storming the Capitol? That's a lol by the way.

If you would allow me to rudely jump in...lol.        Any law that's consistent with the 2 nd amendment of the U. S. Constitution.

#8 Feb 02, 2021 8:15 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I would agree to background checks for private transactions.  In order to buy a gun from your neighbor you would be required to show him that you passed a background check in a set period of time.  Gun dealers or local law enforcement would do these checks for a fee.

#9 Feb 02, 2021 8:28 pm

WH Man
Active

Expat wrote:

Something to ponder.....The U.S. Constitution contains nothing about a right to  "abortion", that so called right was inserted by activists judges in 1973. Later extended to cover "partial birth abortion".....a euphemistic term for infanticide.

Conversely, the 2nd amendment specifically confers a RIGHT to gun ownership. However anti-gun fanatics would stop at no end to deny Americans that right.

Just wondering what adds up here!

#10 Feb 02, 2021 10:15 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I would agree to background checks for private transactions.  In order to buy a gun from your neighbor you would be required to show him that you passed a background check in a set period of time.  Gun dealers or local law enforcement would do these checks for a fee.

Why wouldn't you accept background checks for an OTC sale at a gun shop or fair? Do people suddenly become reputable if they go to a shop?

Board footer