You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Feb 06, 2021 9:41 am

Expat
Active

Still only 1 imported case

In quarantine, or where ever they are...

Still minimal school attendence, curfue, all kinds of restrictions... this is dumb.

First hint of an issue institute all the protocols, but all the while you have decent screening at the ports etc... let people get on with things Jeez.

#2 Feb 06, 2021 10:29 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Still only 1 imported case

Our governor announced yesterday that, as of midnight tonight, all remaining Covid regulations in Iowa are repealed including the mask mandate.

Grenada has done a hell of a job keeping it at bay, that's for sure.  How is vaccination going? Without vaccination or people getting it naturally, it seems to me that Grenada has to stay on lockdown forever.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Feb 06, 2021 10:33 am)

#3 Feb 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Expat
Active

It is very interesting that in several States... perhaps many, but I only know of about 4 or 5 they locked down, intoduced all kinds of regulations, and people were beaten by others indignant that they weren't wearing masks etc... at a time when the infection rate was neglidgeable.

They then mandated and set in all kinds of restrictions, and now when the rate is still way way HIGHER than it ever was they are opening up.

Grenada is screwed. It is a Covid free zone. there are no cases within the population, only one in some kind of quarantine from abroad.

We are living in a fools paradise until a vaccination program is introduced.

Especially as walking around vast numbers of people are grossly overweight, their is a high contingent of diabetics. When it hits if ever it gets away mass graves would be the order of the day.

The only saving grace is it is a relitively young population with the exception of JCB Slice and NH. Me I am young at heart... smile

On re-reading your comment about mask mandate etc, your Governor is an AHole. Cases are going to drop simply as the flue season is moving on, but unless there really is some proof there is a reduction in transmission it will be back come Sept/Oct, and you can all have your maybe guesswork 'this is the strain' jab just like for the regular flue. Hell you is going to look like a pin cushion soon.

Last edited by Expat (Feb 06, 2021 12:59 pm)

#4 Feb 06, 2021 1:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

She may well be an asshole.  A lot of people in this state think so and are really pissed that we will have no more Covid restrictions tomorrow than we had in 2019.

That said, my church will continue with virtual.  My Legion post is keeping events small.  Most businesses will, of course, still require masks. My kid is already back in school full time and has been for weeks.

Still, the unemployment rate in Iowa is back to the level it was pre-pandemic and the economy here is thriving.  That is something.

Time will tell.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Feb 06, 2021 1:59 pm)

#5 Feb 06, 2021 2:11 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

When you count the vaccinated plus those who have tested positive in Iowa as immune, that is about 17% of the population.  If you conservatively estimate that for every person tested positive, there are five who have had it but were never tested, that goes to about 55% of the population as immune.    Pretty soon, things are going to get better, right?

#6 Feb 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Expat
Active

If you rely on the tests being accurate, I would say it would be even better than you state.

However, as most of the results are false, and more often than not false posatives simply because the norm in American and UK labs at least is to maginify the original sample by 35 plus times, they are inherintly innacurate.  at that multiplication between 90 to 100% innacurate.

17-20 times is 100% accurate, but then you might not have a pandemic... Just think most of those asymptomatic cases might have been someone who had a cold or flue vaccine, and never had the covid at all... that'll be fun wont it.

Lets remember the inventer of the test, said it was nevr intended for actual diagnosis, and should not be used as such. Yet in the worst possible way, that is what they are doing.

If we stop being panicked by reporters who have done no research whatsoever, but simply plaguerised from the next guy, and sung the party song, stopped ammending death certificates so that even if they SUSPECT you had covid you died from covid, stopped scaring everyone into a 70 BILLION dollar vaccine program, then we would have just had a couple of bad flue seasons.

If the original treatments hadn't killed most of the serious cases, and if the first treatment which now has a name the Zelenco protocol, hadn't been ambushed by doing excessive potentially fatal doses on critically ill patients already at end of life, then thousands could have been saved, not just thousands, hundreds of thousands. Now there is Ivermectin too.

Oxy was around since the 1920's I think, and Ivermectin an award winning drug just a few years later. They were found in the petri dish to kill viruses back in the 1970's, but for some weird reason.... Maybe billions of dollars yet again, they were not followed up, and we have been told point blank you cannot treat viruses, you HAVE to vaccinate.

Just think how many millions might be alive now had they continued with the research.

I am just waffling on, but there are papers out there that cover all this information.

It is time to stop calling EVERYONE who doesn't follow the party line anti vax, and a conspiracy theorist, not every independant thinker believes the bollocks from QAnon.

The facts, papers, studies are out there... But mainstreem just aint going to show them to you, and you refuse to even look at cross referenced information because it comes from a source that Wiki says is peddling misinformation. If you watched it, and allowed for some of the dramatics when they say, see we told you back in February last year that was going to happen... Bless em they can't help it. They have been RIGHT so many times, it is getting tedious to hear the told you so's.  But you keep watching FOX mate. Even down to the BBC, which I used to think was pretty accurate with one or two hiccups over the years has completely lost the plot with their presentations.

Board footer