You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Feb 15, 2021 9:38 am

Slice
Active

AH WONDER HOW WHMAN FEELS ABOUT THE DIRECTION OF HIS PARTY

There is no doubt in my mind the Republican party will pay the price, in the future for ignoring facts.  What are the values of the Republican party?  When grown men are going to stand up for what they believe in?  So I am guessing that the Republican  party was and will always be sham.

Some interesting numbers, under Trump the Republicans lost seats, in the senate, house, governors and also the presidency. Twenty Five millions of the Republican are die hard Trump supporters, but are very vocal and also very ignorant, plus they are also racist.

Is that what the Republican party are now?

Let me remind everyone, yea even me PADNAH WHman,  Remember the beginnings of Obama care? Think about Obama care today, one of the most popular program in America.  This is exactly what is going to happen in the future.  Trump fortunes will turn and there will be a price to pay, for all those who supported Trump.

Over one hundred thousand have left the party sine January 6th.  These number are like COVID numbers.  They report 100, the actual number could be over 500.

#2 Feb 15, 2021 12:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: AH WONDER HOW WHMAN FEELS ABOUT THE DIRECTION OF HIS PARTY

In 2016 I predicted that, if Trump were elected, he would destroy the Republican Party.

#3 Feb 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

There is no doubt in my mind the Republican party will pay the price, in the future for ignoring facts.  What are the values of the Republican party?  When grown men are going to stand up for what they believe in?  So I am guessing that the Republican  party was and will always be sham.

Some interesting numbers, under Trump the Republicans lost seats, in the senate, house, governors and also the presidency. Twenty Five millions of the Republican are die hard Trump supporters, but are very vocal and also very ignorant, plus they are also racist.

Let me remind everyone, yea even me PADNAH WHman,  Remember the beginnings of Obama care? Think about Obama care today, one of the most popular program in America.  This is exactly what is going to happen in the future.  Trump fortunes will turn and there will be a price to pay, for all those who supported Trump.

Over one hundred thousand have left the party sine January 6th.  These number are like COVID numbers.  They report 100, the actual number could be over 500.

The only difference being that with the exception of Cuomo's under reporting of care home deaths most covid deaths are over reported, not the numbers dead, but the actual predominate cause. Lets face it the mean age is currently 82? for deaths, with vast numbers weaks or days away from a normal death, with many many being already in hospices, the life years lost in America where we have the most solid stats is tiny. Covid just pushed em off the perch as the straw that broke the camels back.

#4 Feb 15, 2021 3:13 pm

WH Man
Active

Slice wrote:

LOL.....Brother Slice, you never cease to amaze me. Branding millions of Trump supporters as vocal, ignorant, and racist? Well, I guess Biden's supporters are all mental giants and morally superior! Do you really believe that? Which party do you think founded the KKK, with one of their famous recruiters….Robert Byrd....leading the US Senate? A man Biden eulogized and praised as his mentor.

Look, while most of Trump's policies have been beneficial to the nation and working people, his repugnant persona and blinding ignorance overshadow everything. He should be purged from the Republican party, the sooner the better. The party should begin the process of erasing his blemishes, his continued association with our party would only produce political suicide.

Last edited by WH Man (Feb 15, 2021 3:21 pm)

#5 Feb 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I might agree that most of Trump's policies were beneficial but I don't agree that the net effect of Trump was beneficial.

His trade policy was disastrous.  Even by his own ignorant metric - the trade deficit - it was an epic failure.

He presided over the greatest increase in national debt ever.  Even as a percentage of GDP the debt increased faster than at any time since WWII.

Since the true tax rate is the national debt since that debt must be paid - in one way or the other by the people - he presided over the largest tax increase in history.

He surrendered a huge portion of prestige and respect internationally.

He damaged American conservatism for the foreseeable future.

He ended America's unblemished record of peaceful transfers of power tearing at the fabric of the social compact.

He was the first president since Hoover to lose the House, the Senate and the Presidency in four years.

He was a national disaster.

#6 Feb 15, 2021 11:04 pm

WH Man
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I might agree that most of Trump's policies were beneficial but I don't agree that the net effect of Trump was beneficial.

His trade policy was disastrous.  Even by his own ignorant metric - the trade deficit - it was an epic failure.

He presided over the greatest increase in national debt ever.  Even as a percentage of GDP the debt increased faster than at any time since WWII.

Since the true tax rate is the national debt since that debt must be paid - in one way or the other by the people - he presided over the largest tax increase in history.

He surrendered a huge portion of prestige and respect internationally.

He damaged American conservatism for the foreseeable future.

He ended America's unblemished record of peaceful transfers of power tearing at the fabric of the social compact.

He was the first president since Hoover to lose the House, the Senate and the Presidency in four years.

He was a national disaster.

Agreed, in totality, the overall effect of his policies.would be a negative.

One thought, for Obama's 8 years, he increased the national debt from ~$7T t0 ~$20T.  In 4 years Trump took it to ~$27T. Although COVID spending played a significant part, that was a bit higher rate of increase. The treasury took in more revenue each year after his tax reduction, however, his profligate spending went unchecked. Eventually, our national debt would be our downfall.

Last edited by WH Man (Feb 15, 2021 11:21 pm)

#7 Feb 16, 2021 9:28 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It is true that Obama was a proliferate spender but comparing four year periods, Trump was an even greater spender.  He was as much a lover of big government as an Democrat.

#8 Feb 16, 2021 1:25 pm

Slice
Active

WH Man wrote:
Slice wrote:

LOL.....Brother Slice, you never cease to amaze me. Branding millions of Trump supporters as vocal, ignorant, and racist? Well, I guess Biden's supporters are all mental giants and morally superior! Do you really believe that? Which party do you think founded the KKK, with one of their famous recruiters….Robert Byrd....leading the US Senate? A man Biden eulogized and praised as his mentor.

Look, while most of Trump's policies have been beneficial to the nation and working people, his repugnant persona and blinding ignorance overshadow everything. He should be purged from the Republican party, the sooner the better. The party should begin the process of erasing his blemishes, his continued association with our party would only produce political suicide.

Trump is ah racist plain and simple, it would not be stretching it to call 80% of his followers racist.  Ah keep hearing his policies are beneficial to the country.  Could you tell me one that is beneficial to me?  Trump did not have policies.  He appointed Supreme court justices and also lower courts.  Policies what policies?

#9 Feb 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

It is true that Obama was a proliferate spender but comparing four year periods, Trump was an even greater spender.  He was as much a lover of big government as an Democrat.

I am very confident there will be a better version of the Republican party in the near future.  As someone who switches my vote, cant wait for that to happen.

I also think the best governor Maryland had in  over 40 years or more is the present one. If he runs for senate ah voting for him.

#10 Feb 16, 2021 5:49 pm

WH Man
Active

Slice wrote:
WH Man wrote:
Slice wrote:

Trump is ah racist plain and simple, it would not be stretching it to call 80% of his followers racist.  Ah keep hearing his policies are beneficial to the country.  Could you tell me one that is beneficial to me?  Trump did not have policies.  He appointed Supreme court justices and also lower courts.  Policies what policies?

Bro Slice, ponder this: Seventy-one-million people voted for Trump, in your infinite wisdom, you've definitively identified 80%....~57 million voters as racist. Want to rethink that? Amazing brilliance!

Board footer