You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Mar 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat: Attack at Westminster

I recall last summer we had a laugh that, since I was staying at a hotel in Westminster, across the street from the New Scotland Yard, I was staying in a "good neighborhood".

I said it was a high security area so we would be safe.

You said that it is just a high value target area.

Since our hotel was about three blocks from the Westminster Bridge, it looks like you were correct.

#2 Mar 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Expat: Attack at Westminster

AS you have said yourself Londinistan is on the rise.

I do have a pretty good idea as to the hotspots, for recruiting and also the very likely places they could attack. I did spend over 50 years keenly involved in the Great Metropolitan Area of London. I have been extremely close to IRA bombings, by as little as 5 minutes on one occasion.

I do not know it all by a long way, but for those that think I am either racist or Islamaphobic. I can assure you I am not. Simply a realist. The dream boats that think we can talk to these dipsticks are in an alternative universe.

What is a tragedy is that many many Muslims will be abused and targeted simply as they are the more obvious innocent face of the nastinesses that have taken up Jihad. Communities WILL become fragmented as extreme right factions poison the well to suit THEIR agenda, and as we slide into a form of guerilla warfare where extremists will be melding with innocent communities it is going to get very nasty.

Britain has a LOT of Muslims, we are not in a good place.

Thank you Messrs Bush and Blair.

#3 Mar 24, 2017 7:33 am

New Historian
Active

What was ridiculous was that, guarding the most high-value target in the UK, the poor man was unarmed. The days of the bobby on the beat are long gone, and that mistake cost the policeman his life.

#4 Mar 24, 2017 7:39 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It is ironic two because in Westminster, I saw two types of law enforcement...

1) Unarmed police

2) The most heavily armed, assault rifle carrying police I ever saw.

I never see #1 in the US and, unless it is a SWAT team, I never see #2 either.

In other words, they all seemed either under-armed or over-armed to me.

#5 Mar 24, 2017 7:45 am

Slice
Active

Ah tink you are trying to make  a case for them to be fully armed, just like America. Ah just hope, that England doh fall for the American system.

#6 Mar 24, 2017 9:20 am

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Ah tink you are trying to make  a case for them to be fully armed, just like America. Ah just hope, that England doh fall for the American system.

No I'm not, I'm arguing for fully armed police in HIGH-TARGET ZONES, and Westminster is about the highest of the high.

I'm not the only one:

http://www.businessinsider.com/should-w … med-2017-3

#7 Mar 24, 2017 11:51 am

Slice
Active

Hist, this was not meant for you.  I was really talking to RD.  Give RD an chance and he will try and arm the whole entire world.

#8 Mar 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I agree with New Historian.

#9 Mar 24, 2017 2:16 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Hist, this was not meant for you.  I was really talking to RD.  Give RD an chance and he will try and arm the whole entire world.

Hey, you post a post, it's meant for everyone lol! I don't believe in arming "the whole entire world" but I sure do agree with arming those who are on the front lines of terrorist attacks.

#10 Mar 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't want to arm the whole world either.  If, however, it were possible to perfectly identify the good guys, I would want them all armed.

Board footer