You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 13, 2021 1:51 pm

dapper
Active

is this right?

I have a relative of mine that used to live here in the uk in the 60's up till the 80's, he tried to import a container of cannabis and got caught ,went to prison and on his release decided to emigrate to the USA (don't know how he got in).A couple of years ago someone informed him that there's a windrush scandal involving Caribbean people being deported from the uk over not filing the right documents to stay, he applied and now he's living in the uk with a brand new accommodation ,pension and a big fat cheque coming his way soon...lol.....good luck to him I say

#2 Mar 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Expat
Active

Re: is this right?

So one should be rewarded for being a drug smuggler, with a compensation scheme for people who were victimised when he was not.

#3 Mar 14, 2021 8:24 am

dapper
Active

that's exactly what I'm saying but its not his fault that he qualified for it, it's the government fault

#4 Mar 14, 2021 10:31 am

Expat
Active

dapper wrote:

that's exactly what I'm saying but its not his fault that he qualified for it, it's the government fault

The "Government" is obviously stupid... probably... no undoubtedly.... But we already know this guy is a low life, who has no scruples, and morals. What he is claiming could better benefit someone who is either part of the Windrush, or another cause. He is just an opportunist.

Don't get me wrong I am not against the Cannabis, I think legalisation is long overdue.. provided there are checks and balances, but your relative was totally intent on making lots of money in an illegal activity which presumably would be linked to the underworld, which could and would probably cost lives, either due to gang interaction, or users haveing adverse reactions like one of our local boys who is in and out of the mental like he's on a piece of elastic, or traversing to harder drugs, which while that is not innevitable, it leads people into a path which may end up there.

I certainly would not be saying "good luck to him".

Oh, and welcome back by the way.. smile

Last edited by Expat (Mar 14, 2021 10:32 am)

#5 Mar 14, 2021 12:38 pm

New Historian
Active

I had a proper, pukka British passport for 10 years. Then because I had the audacity to live outside of the UK they took it away from me. I was a Windrush victim and am 100% entitled to get another one. But that would mean I have t live there. TBNT.

#6 Mar 14, 2021 2:37 pm

dapper
Active

I certainly would not be saying "good luck to him"........I mean in a way like for example ,politicians, bankers ,etc, do things that aint morally right but cause it's done legally you can get away with it

Oh, and welcome back by the way..........Thanks ,much appreciated

what happened to our friend that predicted Donald Trump will win the election(forgot his name)....he used to have me in stitches ....lol

Board footer