You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 14, 2021 12:25 am

Expat
Active

Wot the CDC says...

Screenshot-2021-03-11-19-46-14.png

Worth it?

#2 Mar 14, 2021 1:14 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Wot the CDC says...

Oh fafucksake Expat! This clinging at straws is pathetic and beneath a man of your apparent intellect. You can go into hospital for a simple tonsilectomy and still die, does that mean all tonsilectomies are bad? Really, don't be patently, laughably ridiculous. Again.

#3 Mar 14, 2021 9:51 am

Real Distwalker
Active

They say the damned thing is 95% effective.  That means it is 5% ineffective.  This has never been in doubt.  This is not new information.  Every single person in the world who has paid any attention at all knows that.  People with a modicum of sense also understand that a vaccine that is 95% effective is very good.

The CDC also says that people who are vaccinated and are exposed to a Covid positive person do not need to either be tested or quarantine themselves.  Why would they say that if they believed that if the vaccine wasn't extremely affective?  They wouldn't.  They know that the vast majority of vaccinated people will not get sick and an even greater majority will not be contagious.

#4 Mar 14, 2021 10:15 am

Expat
Active

Effective at reducing symptoms in 11 people who actually caught the virus after innoculation in a group of 15000. With the other 15000 being placebo.

The Trials removed the results of a bout 3500 of the same vaccinated group for an unexplained reason, not the placebo group, the vaccinated group... Remember those in the trial were not just random, they were vetted, and tested for antibodies and all that crap BEFORE being enlisted., and still they didn't quite pass muster, so their results were obliterated.

You are only reading the data as it is presented, for a supposedly anylitical person youyr lack of understanding is incredible... I am not saying anything Fauci, the CDC or the WHO says, but I am not putting the spin on it they are.

The CDC also says, and they are not Gods, despite your sheeping following, that once you are vaccinated you may visit other people who have also been vaccinated, but there is still a risk... although they say small, that you can transmit the pathogen via discharge (my words) from your nose, and that you still have to wear masks.

For Christ sake THEY say it doesn't stop you catching it, THEY say it doesn't stop transmission, THEY say it only reduces symptoms.

Why the F are you arguing with me?

Over 80% of the people were never going to get more than the sniffles without a bloody vaccine. With most of them not even getting the sniffles. The only people that ever needed the vaccine were the elderly, and seriously co-morbidity affected individuals.

#5 Mar 14, 2021 10:22 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Oh fafucksake Expat! This clinging at straws is pathetic and beneath a man of your apparent intellect. You can go into hospital for a simple tonsilectomy and still die, does that mean all tonsilectomies are bad? Really, don't be patently, laughably ridiculous. Again.

You are actually saying exactly the same thing all the thinking people are saying. People are dying WITH Covid.. No doubt... Some are dying OF Covid, but that number is in reality actually very small.

The figures they are waving around include lots of people in hospice care... People who are about to die... It includes very old people who even if the virus did polish them off were probably going to die of other causes in 2 days to 2 months. A very few comparitively are younger.... This was always the case with this virus... We are all individuals someone somewhere will have an allergic reaction to the simplest of chemicals, thats life.

You don't seem to even read or understand the OFFICIAL line from the CDC. It's not me that is being pathetic.

#6 Mar 14, 2021 10:29 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

The CDC also says, and they are not Gods, despite your sheeping following, that once you are vaccinated you may visit other people who have also been vaccinated, but there is still a risk...

Sheepish following.... We had a wedding with 100 unmasked people in October.  We had 18 unmasked extended family members in my house at Christmas.  My wife just got back from two weeks in Florida visiting her sister and our grandchildren and going to restaurants and flying in airliners.  I go to restaurants and pretty much behave as normal.  That sure as hell isn't sheepish following to the CDC.

Here is what I know: 75 years in which billions of vaccinations have been made plus direct experience with probably a hundred jabs I have had tells me that you are full of shit on this topic.   Worse, you are among the people who attempt to scare others with your bullshit making the world a worse place.

#7 Mar 14, 2021 10:32 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Over 80% of the people were never going to get more than the sniffles without a bloody vaccine. With most of them not even getting the sniffles. The only people that ever needed the vaccine were the elderly, and seriously co-morbidity affected individuals.

That means millions will have more than sniffles and some will die.  Meanwhile the vaccine is free, easy to administer and harmless.

In other words, the risk/reward ratio if off the charts in favor of reward.

Only a drooling moron would refuse the vaccine under these odds.

#8 Mar 14, 2021 10:36 am

Expat
Active

IT's pretty pointless debating this further it will be as circular as the God talks which although circular were at least halfway intelligent.

You don't get it, you refuse to even pay any attention, you have swallowed the bullshit the mainstream has force fed you with and you are stuck with your head in the sand. Simply don't bother to respond, all you have to offer is snied piss taking, rather akin to your mate Trump.

#9 Mar 14, 2021 11:41 am

Real Distwalker
Active

There is a broad scientific consensus among tens of thousands of scientists, doctors, researchers and statisticians regarding the safety and efficacy of vaccines. I am going to put my trust in their collective knowledge rather than some contrarian with an agenda.

#10 Mar 14, 2021 12:33 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

There is a broad scientific consensus among tens of thousands of scientists, doctors, researchers and statisticians regarding the safety and efficacy of vaccines. I am going to put my trust in their collective knowledge rather than some contrarian with an agenda.

Exactly.

Board footer