You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Expat
Active

Florida is winning hands dfown at the moment

#2 Mar 16, 2021 8:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Florida is winning hands dfown at the moment

You got too much time on your hands mate. There's more important things to obsess over.

#3 Mar 16, 2021 8:38 pm

Expat
Active

Such as?

My prime obsess at the moment is dealing with an arsehole that rear ended my car, and has caused me to waste hours and days running around trying to get quotes, and comparisons to show the damage he has done, only for the muppet to suggest I am trying to make a money off him, when actually I WAS actually letting him off light. Now it could be let the PoPo run with it, and I'll pile on what I can.

#4 Mar 16, 2021 10:49 pm

New Historian
Active

Exactly, so when you've dealt with that muppet, for your own peace of mind you need to unwind, relax and chill with the missus. Not endless obsess about whether the whole world is gonna disappear up it's own backside because we're all like sheep to the slaughter being vaccinated. Chill Winstan.

#5 Mar 18, 2021 10:05 am

Expat
Active

>>because we're all like sheep to the slaughter<<

Your words not mine

Imbibing knowledge whether it be about how the USA desroyed the engines of old clunkers a few years back in a scheme to get old vehicles off the road, to how likely are we to get an Asteroid hit, to how to reverse Diabetes, how to reverse engineer some eletronic curcuits, to healing rhumatic joints, to best car spraying techniques to you name it, I love absorbing information.

While the Wife watches 1980 kung phew acrobats flying through the air on bits of string I sink into information sources. There is no stress in this for me, I am perfectly relaxed, and I would suspect possibly more widely aware than many people. It might put me under the banner of jack of all trades, and master of none... But at least I am not generally speaking uninformed.

There are lots of subject I know jack about, and one of the reasons of joining the OLD talkshop was to learn from Grenada's people, and I have. Some good things, and some bad, as is common place in all societies.

Don't worry about me old chum, I am very relaxed except when my head gets jolted back by someone trying to put their vehicle inside may car. Winston is chilled almost to freezing point.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 18, 2021 10:13 am)

#6 Mar 19, 2021 2:46 pm

gripe
Active

Expat, apart from your very convincing defense of your obsessions, I found the following to be quite profound: "Winston is chilled almost to freezing point."  That said it all. Really, as the old saying goes; "To each his own."

#7 Mar 19, 2021 3:12 pm

New Historian
Active

gripe wrote:

Expat, apart from your very convincing defense of your obsessions, I found the following to be quite profound: "Winston is chilled almost to freezing point."  That said it all. Really, as the old saying goes; "To each his own."

Except he's not chilled. Winstan is hot, very hot. He's worried that in 5 years time it'll only be him and a handful of like minded conspiracy  theorists and anti-vaxxers left on the planet

#8 Mar 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
gripe wrote:

Except he's not chilled. Winstan is hot, very hot. He's worried that in 5 years time it'll only be him and a handful of like minded conspiracy  theorists and anti-vaxxers left on the planet

The only problem with your analysis is it is based on tripe.

The people currently kicking back are increasingly pro vaxine, the numbers, and the places the feedback is coming from is increasing by the day. They are just recognising the folly of vaccinating during a live pandemic. It is insane. Especially with a treatment, vaccine is a stretch... with a treatment that basically only limits symptoms. Something even Bill Gates WHO is stating.  But why the hell would you want to listen to facts, why not listen to the garbage they are feeding you from the BBC.

As for the conspiracy theorists... Well even many of those theories are notching up the reality scale. But if you only listen sheepishly to the rhetoric without actually giving yourself something to compare one truth with another you cannot make a judgement. So your your opine is worthless.

#9 Mar 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Geert Vanden Bossche debunked...

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/ … hes-claims

You can go with the broad, global consensus of tens of thousands of doctors, scientists, statisticians and other experts or...

You can hook your wagon to one contrarian outlier like you have.

#10 Mar 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Expat
Active

Now I like that you actually provide something, it shows you can look if you want to. Intersting despite all the clever words, and references it comes from EDWARD AN ASPIRING PHYICIAN.

One of the early comments it cannot mutate.... errrrr really.

Very clever wordage, and probably lots of actuallities, but I think I have bounced up against Edward before (remember I look at ALL kinds of information, not just the things that fit with my preconcieved ideas), and I think he had a very strong agenda, which was mainly making himself look clever. A common trend I notice.

Already numbers of leading Virologist?  are commenting on Bossche's letter, and while they may not completely agree with every aspect of his ideas they seemed to be behind him roughly 95 plus %. They were not aspiring phsicians.

Board footer