You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Mar 19, 2021 11:59 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Florida is winning hands dfown at the moment

He is demonstrably full of shit because everywhere that vaccines are being heavily administered is seeing a significant drop in the spread of infections.  All his contentions are based on the theory that the vaccinated will continue to be infection vectors.  We know for certain that bullshit.

#12 Mar 20, 2021 9:49 am

Expat
Active

You know it, NH knows it Dancer knows it, you guys know everything. Yet 3 senior scientists as per my next message either have doubts about the process, and agree with som of VDG points and not others, or basically agree, but not with everything said, or in the way it has been said. Even those in strong dissagreement accept certain points if not the whole concept.

It must be nice to think you know it all. So comforting.

#13 Mar 20, 2021 10:03 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

He is demonstrably full of shit because everywhere that vaccines are being heavily administered is seeing a significant drop in the spread of infections.  All his contentions are based on the theory that the vaccinated will continue to be infection vectors.  We know for certain that bullshit.

Just like you did when IOWA was an island you are only looking at current and historical data. What happened up to now is NOT what is likely to happen going forward. You keep on tying case drop etc to vaccines. The sync of events is not really tied to vaccines at all. My observation from data seen.

The cases peaked regardless of the bloody lockdowns, the crest was reached around the same time vaccinations were implemented... but it tajkes time for vaccines to become really effective.... even if they were intended to stop people catching it WHICH THEY WERE NOT. They were designed to limit illness thats all. Then to continue the downward slide of the graphs, whether on a rolloing average or otherwise is NOT CHANGING as the vaccine effecadssy could be believed to be increasing, the curves remain the same.

It is the natural ebb and flow that is the course of the decline.

Regrettably as is happening in certain European countries and will follow momentarily in the UK it is a resurgence of the virus probably (see the use of a qualifier yet again) mainly due to mutations that is causing additional waves. Unfortunately if Bossche is correct having been vaccinated will make things worse in the UK and Israel, when it rebounds.

I don't KNOW this like you clever bastards, but I suspect this is what is going to happen.

#14 Mar 20, 2021 10:23 am

Real Distwalker
Active

So ignore the reality that is right in front of our eyes in which the vaccine radically reduces transmission and go with a prediction of future events that contradicts that reality. 

Further, we know that even when vaccines don't reduce the transmission rate, as in the case of the vaccine for Marek’s disease which infects poultry, the dire consequences that you predict don't occur.

Yeah, I am getting vaccinated Monday.

#15 Mar 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Expat
Active

Yeap, my Stepdaughter just got vaccinated... She feels like crap.

If that's the only consequence it'll be OK I guess. Time will tell. But it is a one way path.

Why the hell ANYONE who already fought off the virus would consider sticking an artifical means when their own suystem was up to the job beats me.... But hell if you want to be a dart board be my guest.

Hell, if you want to compare yourself to a chicken that's up to you, but frankly every chicken I have had dealings with was as stupid as they come. OK, I haven'#t penned up millions in forced air silo's, mine at least have had the ability to crap from a breadfruit tree if they felt like it. But bright they aint.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 20, 2021 8:39 pm)

#16 Mar 20, 2021 9:59 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

She feels like crap because her immune system is kicking in to high gear.  That's a good thing.

Poultry get a vaccine that doesn't prevent transmission but does prevent the disease.  That's what you and Geert are claiming this does. (You are wrong about that, by the way. Even if you were right, it doesn't do what you say it will do, however.  This has absolutely, positively nothing to do with the IQ of the birds.  And yeah, my brother-in-law harvests eggs from six million hens.

#17 Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm

Expat
Active

I think you will find the side effects are your body mounting a defence against a foreign body being injected into it rather than the active part of the vaccine., or should  I say certain compounds within it. My opine rather than a stated fact.

I return to:-

Why the hell ANYONE who already fought off the virus proving their undoctored immune system worked, why would they consider sticking an artifical means when their own system was up to the job beats me....

Last edited by Expat (Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm)

#18 Mar 21, 2021 9:14 am

Real Distwalker
Active

1) I was never tested so I don't know to a certainty that I had it.

2) The vaccine will likely illicit a stronger immune response than my mild case did if, in fact, I did have it.

3) I intend to continue to travel - especially to Europe - and it is likely the UK and EU will require vaccines for entry.

4) I want to encourage my employees to be vaccinated and I cannot do that if I refuse.

5) I want to do my part to achieve herd immunity.

6) I want to have a credible excuse when I stop wearing a mask and so forth.

7) My wife insists that she and I be vaccinated.

8) It is the right thing to do.

#19 Mar 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Expat
Active

1) you had the classic response...  How come you don't know?

2) Yes it will illicit a stonger response to the version it is targetted at.... and will blinker your natural immunity, and be very limited in its ability to detect later variants.
3) Nah, you will just be inconvenienced and have your pocket squeezed
4) Poor your employees
5) You did that already you cought it
6) You will still have tyo wear a mask in public, if not in a fully vaccinated household
7) Your problem
9) Bollocks

#20 Mar 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

1) I think I had it but I don't know to a certainty.

2) This notion that you can be too immune is daft.

3) I don't want to be inconvenienced and have my pocket squeezed. 

4) I am thinking about offering my staff a $300 stipend if they get vaccinated

5) I don't know for certain that I had it.

6) There are no mask mandates in Iowa now.  Just social pressure.  Nobody must wear one.  I will feel socially free to go without when I am vaccinated.

7) Not really. In this case I agree with She Who Must Be Obeyed.

8) Truth.

Board footer