You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I have an appointment...

I will be vaccinated for the 'Vid on Monday at 1:45 pm.

#2 Mar 17, 2021 5:30 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: I have an appointment...

Yaaaayyyyy! And you see better with that third eye too: 20/20/20!

#3 Mar 17, 2021 9:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Unless it is - as some here claim - tantamount to suicide, huh?

#4 Mar 17, 2021 11:18 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Unless it is - as some here claim - tantamount to suicide, huh?

Well at least you'll live 3 weeks longer than me!

#5 Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I will be vaccinated for the 'Vid on Monday at 1:45 pm.

I take it all back, you have balls the size of an elephant. I could add to that, but I won't.

#6 Mar 18, 2021 1:34 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

I take it all back, you have balls the size of an elephant.

Nah, that would imply there is something to fear.

#7 Mar 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Expat
Active

As a person who almost certainly did catch the original variant from your family you absolutely do have nothing to fear at the moment. As your own immune system dealt with it once without hardly a twitch, and should another variant come around even though it may be stronger, you would probably fight that one off too, and more quickly as your K cells etc are already primed.

Remember the antibodies are only the mop up crew after the main defense has been mounted. Which makes this antibody bollocks they keep spouting pretty rubbish. Who do you want defending you? the guy with the machine gun, or the fella behind with the mop and bucket cleaning up the mess.

If you take your huge testicles and take the vaccine however you will "probably" be neutralising the existing immunity as the vaccine dominates your own immune system, will last indefinitely, and only looks for a specific range of infection unlike your deal with anything natural immune system. So you will go from being almost super safe, to hey here I am come and take me out.

Like I said balls of an elephant.

#8 Mar 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Of course that is a very tiny, minority opinion.  The consensus view is that, even if I had it, the vaccine will convey a stronger immune response because it will be due to a different aspect of the virus. My memory B cells will have even better ability to detect the virus and eliminate it.  I will go from being very safe to bullet proof.

#9 Mar 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

#10 Mar 18, 2021 3:53 pm

New Historian
Active

The CDC? Oh come on RD, that nest of lying, conspiring bogus scientists in the pay of Big Bill (as in gates)??

Board footer