You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 22, 2021 8:35 am

Slice
Active

SO AH TAKE AH VERY DIFFERENT APPROACH TO RACE

I quickly realize some of our problem with race are caused by mostly African-Americans.  Every down fall I had since coming to America was caused by Black Americans. Africans-Americans are ah different bunch, they are not friendly to other blacks around the world.  They see us as enemies and somewhat lesser class. In discussions I take a wholistic approach to race.

I am not denying that racism is alive and well, it is.

My approach to dealing with racism, is it should be taught in school beginning at age 5 or 6.  Americans are not talking to different races.  We kinda get  comfortable with each other.  We need to step out of our comfort zone, and see how other races live.  Reside in ah mixed hood.

You gave ah black person a show on TV or radio, 90% of their guest on their show will be black folks and the same for Latinos.  It is much lower on white shows.

I think that is one of the differences with me and SOME black folks.  I do not scream racism at every oppurnity.  I hang with White folk, they fell comfortable around me and ah feel the same around them.

Lets talk to each other, not against each each.

#2 Mar 22, 2021 8:48 am

New Historian
Active

Re: SO AH TAKE AH VERY DIFFERENT APPROACH TO RACE

YAAAAYYYYY!!! A post that's NOT about all of us "idiots" who are gonna die soon!!

Agree 100% about Black Americans, they're "more American than the Americans" lol. They don't export well and can't survive without their Mac Donalds and Popeye's. My experiences at Michigan in the seventies:

White students would at least be willing to discuss America’s behavior as the world’s dominant superpower. Blacks weren’t interested in that crap, all they cared about was their own struggle. And they all had a huge chip on their shoulder; everything was down to race. I resisted being co-opted by the minority groups. Most of the help Blacks got was in the form of cash; the University threw money at the Black student organizations. And what did they do with it? They partied!

#3 Mar 22, 2021 11:56 am

Dancer
Active

Slice said :

* I quickly realized some of our problem with race are caused by mostly Africans Americans.*

Ignorance is a bitch.  " that's all"

#4 Mar 22, 2021 12:01 pm

Dancer
Active

New Historian wrote:

YAAAAYYYYY!!! A post that's NOT about all of us "idiots" who are gonna die soon!!

Agree 100% about Black Americans, they're "more American than the Americans" lol. They don't export well and can't survive without their Mac Donalds and Popeye's. My experiences at Michigan in the seventies:

White students would at least be willing to discuss America’s behavior as the world’s dominant superpower. Blacks weren’t interested in that crap, all they cared about was their own struggle. And they all had a huge chip on their shoulder; everything was down to race. I resisted being co-opted by the minority groups. Most of the help Blacks got was in the form of cash; the University threw money at the Black student organizations. And what did they do with it? They partied!

Ist paragraph  made a little sense  .
The second one is pure 'crap'. Straight  out of sixties island thinking.
btw .... Georgia USA...  a couple of days ago   2021 , laws to suppress black voting.

#5 Mar 22, 2021 12:52 pm

New Historian
Active

Dancer wrote:
New Historian wrote:

btw .... Georgia USA...  a couple of days ago   2021 , laws to suppress black voting.

Don't shoot the messenger dude, just my personal experiences. Maybe they've all changed now, maybe I'm just an out of touch old fart from the sixties, maybe maybe. But from what I see? Maybe not.

#6 Mar 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Expat
Active

It's ALWAYS them and us.

Whether it is whites hate Blacks, Blacks hate everybody, or the wrong kind of Black.

While I get very tired of hearing about the mistreatment of Blacks by pinhead white trash, the over zealous actions of the police, etc etc.  On many occasions when you review what went down, often times if the victim, especially if dealing with police had just done what they were told, when they were told it wouldn't have escalated. This is not denying the guys running away getting shot in the back, or cops going for the wrong party simply because they asume it was the black person who did it.

But its way complex, people witter on about the black conscience being affected by slavery, after all these years I am not really on board with that, I think it's just a convenient excuse for making babies without responsibility. etc. But lets face it there is a LOT of racism be it overt or hidden in America in particular, and it's not surprising native born Blacks have an edge.

#7 Mar 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Dancer
Active

' Don't shoot the messenger dude :  Come on dude . There is no messenger to shoot .
It's called deflection .'
'It's all our own personal experience'  ... got that right.

...... and don't be like Sharon Osbourne  saying , educate me , educate me .  .... NO.
lmao
BTW ....  even Buckingham  Palace  getting in line.
** Diversity Review underway at Buckingham Palace. *
" get in line or be cancelled ."
No retreat. True.

Last edited by Dancer (Mar 22, 2021 3:20 pm)

#8 Mar 22, 2021 11:41 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

' Don't shoot the messenger dude :  Come on dude . There is no messenger to shoot .
It's called deflection .'
'It's all our own personal experience'  ... got that right.

...... and don't be like Sharon Osbourne  saying , educate me , educate me .  .... NO.
lmao
BTW ....  even Buckingham  Palace  getting in line.
** Diversity Review underway at Buckingham Palace. *
" get in line or be cancelled ."
No retreat. True.

Yeah, I struggled with that, Queeny get she arse ripped for getting the family educated..... You cant do right fro doing wrong.... SAD

#9 Mar 23, 2021 9:39 am

Slice
Active

Dancer wrote:
New Historian wrote:

If you think his second paragraph is crap, then ah truly wanna know what world you living in.  Daily in my work life, there was this  guys who worked for Honeywell, we us to look for each other to talk politics and world affairs.  Dancer do you have any white friends and mingle with white folk? My enemy was truly African-Americans.  Three of them bastards denied my promotion.  It was only after ah White man came ah started moving up.  One of them, he love everything Caribbean, he was younger.  Even today we still in touch with each.  Remain friends.  He did everything to convince me  not to retire

Last edited by Slice (Mar 23, 2021 9:42 am)

#10 Mar 23, 2021 11:15 am

Dancer
Active

Slice my boy. I am not really into 'calling names '  .... most of the times. " so listen up "
One or two swallows does not make a summer. (that's  for  the guys at work )  and your pals. lo.
Dancer's  environment :
2/3 of my life in the North 40+ years.
My neighbor of 30 yrs Portuguese . bought new houses   same time .  30yrs.
Below them Chinese family
Further down a JA
Below  the Chinese , Italian
Above me - A Trini married  white
Above him , UK ,white
Across the street
Maltese, Chinese, white , Indian , Jamaican ....  Getting the Drift.'

Job .... Radiography , Ultra sound , handled all races.
btw ... wife is a ER , ICU nurse , so the interaction with whites is quite wide.
Savvy !!

*** So when I am in/on  the  island and friends see how i  speak  with 'white' is always head turning.
Even the 'white' know that it  is a different  ball game.

So the your  bs about race ,  don't register .

Board footer