You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 23, 2021 10:02 am

Slice
Active

THE EXAMPLE YOU BOASTED ABOUT FLORIDA. YEA EXPAT AH TALKING TO YOU.

That state has the  most cases of B1.1.7 I think it is over a thousand.  Miami has the most cases of Covid, as compared to any major US city.

#2 Mar 23, 2021 4:40 pm

Expat
Active

Re: THE EXAMPLE YOU BOASTED ABOUT FLORIDA. YEA EXPAT AH TALKING TO YOU.

No data link, and I have no specific knowledge.

I stated what was the case a week or two weeks ago. It is a constantly changing scene. Just like Iowa a Covid desert, and then Iowa and epicentre. It is always in flux.

As for Miami having higher anything, the fact that Florida was apparently lower per capita than most places, and certainly lower than California the heart land of punitive lockdowns it was actually amazing, due to the very simple fact that Florida is where all the grey haired's go to die in the first place, so the probability of there being a higher death rate due to the tendency for Covid to bump off the elderly would not have been surprising. However earlier it was a long way from that being the case.

As Floridians seem to have gone berserk recently having open air fests, maybe that is the reason? Time will tell.

#3 Mar 24, 2021 8:02 am

Slice
Active

Re: THE EXAMPLE YOU BOASTED ABOUT FLORIDA. YEA EXPAT AH TALKING TO YOU.

California has a population of 40million, Number of covid cases 3,646,171  deaths 58 thousand. Florida population is 21 million. covid in Florida 2,011,171, deaths 33 thousand. Why you keep saying Florida has the lowest infection rate I do not understand.

It is not really even, but will take it.  But this constant drumbeat  about Florida lowest infection rate is  not truth.  Argue with John Hopkins, if you so chooses.

Maryland population is 6 million covid cases 402 thousand, deaths 8000

Board footer