You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 27, 2021 11:23 am

Dancer
Active

Race and Talk Shop

I  realized a long while ago that one of the reasons I am on TS is to counter the racist bull about race.

eg .... If you are watching 'streaming TV ' and an Alien you would assume that the USA is 70% black by the commercials.
15% Hispanic
10 % Asian
5 %  white .... BUT ambiguously Caucasian (white skinned)

1  or 2 blacks on commercials (ads) ,  * streaming*  relates to  70%  blacks on TV. hahaha , more like 1000% increase in some eyes.

Seems like a lot of people from Iowa think so .
Wonder why ?
Made me go to Google with a question . How racist is Iowa ?
' no surprise here '

And that ((( multicultural statement is   so  disingenuous )))  reminds me of the Sharon Osbourne's  melt down.
Cause we all know that mixed race people are not consider white either and   a lot suffer in silence , like the Asians  ,  that  say  "" keep your head down and stay silent in the USA  and pick up some crumbs.
Reality::::: Cindy McCain the 'View' stepped into the same hole a couple of days ago.

BTW.....   The main reason I am   on   here is to express my creativity and love of expression.

Have a good day.

Last edited by Dancer (Mar 27, 2021 11:35 am)

#2 Mar 27, 2021 11:39 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Race and Talk Shop

First, even if Iowa has a lot of racists, it doesn't mean that I am racist.

Secondly, if you haven't noticed, they keep moving the goalposts as to what is and isn't racist.

When I was growing up, the definition non-racism was defined by Martin Luther King, Jr:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

For my generation, that was the Gold Standard.  If you could look inside your heart and say that you honestly judge everyone by the content of their character and not the color of their skin, you could consider yourself enlightened.

But the woke generation has new rules.  If I don't willingly accept that to be white is to be racist, then I am the worst kind of racist.

To ignore a black person's race and judge him by the content of his character alone is to deny him his identity as a black person and is the height of racism.

The woke generation demands that I acknowledge that I am stained by the sin of being born white.  They demand that I celebrate blackness (whatever that is) above and beyond individual character.  Only when I accept that I am an inferior man from an inferior culture will I be accepted.  No, scratch that.  Nobody wants to associate with an inferior man.

In other words, it is a Catch 22.  I can't win.  I can love you like a brother but unless I accept that I am your genetic inferior, I am nothing but a white racist.  At least that is what the woke believe.

#3 Mar 27, 2021 11:42 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It makes me sad.  I have known some of you online for nearly 20 years.  We have corresponded regularly during that time.  We have agreed, disagreed, taken sides, shared heartaches and talked about our lives. Even it we haven't met face-to-face I consider you dear friends and I would open my home to you without hesitation.  Yet there still seems to be this undercurrent of distrust.  Sad.

#4 Mar 27, 2021 1:15 pm

Dancer
Active

You are confused about  what   racism is .
Live and well at the moment ,  ,,,,   some think  hindering their fellow citizen's  right to vote  is not racist.
And if you read 'well' you would see I called no names , for I wanted to see if you could see pass the * I am not racist *   bla,bla,bla, reply  and see.
For the gold standard thing ,  what MLK is saying has nothing to do with enlightenment  , but a constant reminder to have good character as a Human .  ( that includes you too ) lol.

The I am 'sad' reply.  .......  That  is just playing the  * SYMPATHY*    card.

" you know I am amazed in 2021 in the US after ' years and years of explanation  , and quoting MLK  ... no movement ., no understanding "
>>>>>> failure of the school system.... lo.

REALLY   .....  go  on Utube  and hear what others are saying  about statements like yours. ( Sharon Osbourne , the View McCain and others.) ... widen your understanding, if you want to .

BTW ..... its not about you .

Last edited by Dancer (Mar 27, 2021 1:16 pm)

#5 Mar 27, 2021 3:30 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Try this then: ESAD Dancer.

#6 Mar 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Expat
Active

Don't worry RD, most people of every colour are racists, in one form or another. Whether they are you are Ok it's the others variety, or the they are all lazy bumbs living off of welfare critics,  It's always "them and us"  ever since Cane and Abel.

Even though there maybe millions of hard working pleasant Black Americans, they will all be judged as piggy ad hateful, because of 4 individuals....  By a Black Man get it?

#7 Mar 28, 2021 11:28 am

Dancer
Active

Sunday morning .... time for some church and fellowship.  But what do you get ..

ESAD :::      meaning ....  eat shit and die .
An acronym  used to quickly tell someone to leave you alone and go away.

Person  1 : You are working too  slow     ***** " Dancer says wake up !
Person 2 : ESAD    **** RD says
person 1 : walks away feeling hurt and rejected   ****  No sir. Not Dancer . LMAO.
Mission accomplished.

Sunday morning ,  a time for church and fellowship , but what do you get from a Sunday school teacher ? .... eat  shit and die.
What are you teaching those Sunday students ? Inquiring minds want to know.
smh.  sad.

Last edited by Dancer (Mar 28, 2021 11:40 am)

#8 Mar 28, 2021 1:40 pm

WH Man
Active

Dancer wrote:

You are confused about  what   racism is .
Live and well at the moment ,  ,,,,   some think  hindering their fellow citizen's  right to vote  is not racist.
And if you read 'well' you would see I called no names , for I wanted to see if you could see pass the * I am not racist *   bla,bla,bla, reply  and see.
For the gold standard thing ,  what MLK is saying has nothing to do with enlightenment  , but a constant reminder to have good character as a Human .  ( that includes you too ) lol.

The I am 'sad' reply.  .......  That  is just playing the  * SYMPATHY*    card.

" you know I am amazed in 2021 in the US after ' years and years of explanation  , and quoting MLK  ... no movement ., no understanding "
>>>>>> failure of the school system.... lo.

REALLY   .....  go  on Utube  and hear what others are saying  about statements like yours. ( Sharon Osbourne , the View McCain and others.) ... widen your understanding, if you want to .

BTW ..... its not about you .

How silly can one be! Branding a group of people in Iowa you don't even know as racist. I guess you're the perfect victim of white supremacy and racism. Do you personally know RD? What gives you the impression he is a racist? You're making a simple minded assumption!

Your quote..….." hindering their fellow citizen's right to vote is not racist".....I suspect you assume that black people lack agency and cannot meet simple standards like having an ID card to vote. All the whites that vote could meet that requirement except blacks...why? We need an ID card to rent a car, cash a check, and most routine transactions. However, it's racism and voter suppression when we need one to vote, just like white people do. It would be racism if those rules applied ONLY to blacks, not the general voting population. Don't tell me you're suggesting we're too inferior, negligent, irresponsible, or incapable of obtaining a FREE ID card from the state if we don't already have one. Maintaining voter integrity protects the vote of ALL citizens....not voter suppression!

#9 Mar 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Under the Iowa Voter ID law the state AUTOMATICALLY sent free voter ID cards to EVERY registered voter who wasn't in the state drivers license registry.  You didn't have to do anything.  If you were a registered voter and didn't have a drivers license it came in the mail automatically.

#10 Mar 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Dancer
Active

WH man.

I don't think that RD should welcome your help ,  talking about racism or the state of Iowa.  You would just lead  him  further down the Briar path . 
What is thrilling about TS to me , is that I know no one . (and never tried to find out or look up info about ) believe it or not.
So , I don't   know  , how you look , who you know , where you from  , or come from . What interest me is how or what your  posts are saying or thinking.

So your talking about ' voting integrity ' in the southern US is a joke ,
especially if you are black.

>>'Don't tell me , you're suggesting   * WE'RE * too inferior , ....STUPID to ... <<<
  ( so YOU are black ? )
Therefore I must repeat  something  you said  ,,, that probably caused me to be on TS  ..... trying to be a voice against any racist bull. 

Remember Ian smith and Rhodesia / zimbabwe ..... YOU declaring the blacks need a white person to rule them for their own good '
Therefore    ,,, lol  ,,, I can see you are at the same place , slavish thinking , still.

Wake Up , WHman ,  wake up.
It is not too late.

Board footer