You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Mar 29, 2021 9:09 am

houston
Active

Re: Race and Talk Shop

Dancer wrote:

You are confused about  what   racism is .
Live and well at the moment ,  ,,,,   some think  hindering their fellow citizen's  right to vote  is not racist.
And if you read 'well' you would see I called no names , for I wanted to see if you could see pass the * I am not racist *   bla,bla,bla, reply  and see.
For the gold standard thing ,  what MLK is saying has nothing to do with enlightenment  , but a constant reminder to have good character as a Human .  ( that includes you too ) lol.

The I am 'sad' reply.  .......  That  is just playing the  * SYMPATHY*    card.

" you know I am amazed in 2021 in the US after ' years and years of explanation  , and quoting MLK  ... no movement ., no understanding "
>>>>>> failure of the school system.... lo.

REALLY   .....  go  on Utube  and hear what others are saying  about statements like yours. ( Sharon Osbourne , the View McCain and others.) ... widen your understanding, if you want to .

BTW ..... its not about you .

Dancer, what does it take to be considered not a racist?
Is it even possible for anyone to belong to that exclusive club?

#12 Mar 29, 2021 9:29 am

Expat
Active

While no country needs an alternative from the majority population, there are intelligent and capable people in all races.

So, as long as the people are sensibly and democratically elected they can be the same as the majority, or if the majority for what ever reason thinks a person of a different hue is the better choice, then so be it.

However Ian Smith and those dark days in Rhodesia needed changing, and why should a Black leader not have come to power. But what a shame the leader, regardless of his laudible push against Apartheid etc. should turn out to be a monster, who turned the breadbasket of Africa into the laughing stock of Africa.

In recent years we.... as in me... have not heard about, or paid any attention to what has been happening in the now Zimbabwe, I trust it is well on the road to recovery, after a shambolic start.

#13 Mar 29, 2021 11:27 am

Dancer
Active

houston you are on the right tract .
For I think racism is hereto stay. So being racist or  - NOT - is  - ALWAYS  - alive.
Our * civilization * should see that you don't bring it into the ' workplace ' or Space . Keep it in your heart and at home. lol.

So I will ask you , your question  this way . > is it even possible for anyone NOT to belong to the club ?

#14 Mar 30, 2021 7:34 am

Slice
Active

Dancer you just a simple ARSEHOLE. RD is not a racist and ah doh even understand why he spends so much time explaining himself. Even me think this  approach this generation is taking in getting rid of racism, will backfire.

I think they must everyone on board.  You cant end racism if everyone is not involved.  Everyone should have seat at the table when discussing a better future for the world.

BTW I have never met RD, but ah do consider him a friend. Dancer why you pick on RD?  You know Expat is also white.  NH is in between.  I will call him black.  Is it because RD is from Iowa?  Leh me just say Dr Collins lives in Iowa and she has a group of friends most are white, and she loves it there.  Dr Collins is ah Black Trini who father is Grenadian.

Stop judging folks base on their looks.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 30, 2021 10:49 am)

#15 Mar 30, 2021 9:39 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Dancer you just a simple ARSEHOLE. RD is a racist and ah doh even understand why he spends so much time explaining himself. Even me think this  approach this generation is taking in getting rid of racism, will backfire.

I think they must everyone on board.  You cant end racism if everyone is not involved.  Everyone should have seat at the table when discussing a better future for the world.

BTW I have never met RD, but ah do consider him a friend. Dancer why you pick on RD?  You know Expat is also white.  NH is in between.  I will call him black.  Is it because RD is from Iowa?  Leh me just say Dr Collins lives in Iowa and she has a group of friends most are white, and she loves it there.  Dr Collins is ah Black Trini who father is Grenadian.

Did you miss out a NOT?

#16 Mar 30, 2021 9:40 am

Real Distwalker
Active

By the context, that's how I took it.

#17 Mar 30, 2021 10:46 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

Dancer you just a simple ARSEHOLE. RD is a racist and ah doh even understand why he spends so much time explaining himself. Even me think this  approach this generation is taking in getting rid of racism, will backfire.

BTW I have never met RD, but ah do consider him a friend. Dancer why you pick on RD?  You know Expat is also white.  NH is in between.  I will call him white.  Is it because RD is from Iowa?  Leh me just say Dr Collins lives in Iowa and she has a group of friends most are white, and she loves it there.  Dr Collins is ah  Trini who mother is Grenadian.

Did you miss out a NOT?

#18 Mar 30, 2021 10:47 am

Slice
Active

Got it.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 30, 2021 10:50 am)

#19 Mar 30, 2021 10:50 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

By the context, that's how I took it.

So you get me saying you ah racist? DAMN, ah thought we were good.

#20 Mar 30, 2021 11:40 am

Real Distwalker
Active

You misunderstand me.  I was responding to Expat asking if you meant to say I "AM NOT" a racist.   My response to Expat was me acknowledging that, by the context of your comment, I took you to mean that I "AM NOT" a racist.

Slice, I don't think you believe me to be a racist.  Not for a minute.

Board footer