You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Mar 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Real Distwalker

Re: Just what we need, self driving cars?

It wouldn't take a central computer.  In fact, distributed intelligence in individual cars using a mesh communication architecture could make all the autos work together.  A flock of birds or a school of fish doesn't need a centralized computer to move together in and not collide.  If they can do it, artificial intelligence machines can do it.

#22 Mar 27, 2017 3:43 am

Vanni

OK good point RD.

I can imagine the combination of both direct periphery communication together with central coordination.

Central coordination gathering and processing the periphery information in order to allow for fluid circulation, so that no traffic jam can even start to happen, for example.

Hardship has been part of our evolution and has served us. But it appears that it is time for a next step, with way more comfortable and happy conditions of living. Though we can well be depressed and feeling helpless in our present condition, I think that we have a lot to look forward to.

Starting by worldwide solutions to problems in which we are feeling stuck and overwhelmed, ranging from optimal conditions of living for all - humans and all forms of life - health, clean environment, worldwide peace, interaction which brings out the best in us - all combined with a technology at the scale of our magnificence - all will gracefully ensue from our own uplifting, which will bring blessings beyond our present ability to conceive.

Last edited by Vanni (Mar 27, 2017 4:59 am)

#23 Mar 27, 2017 11:03 am

Expat

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

As a Luddite I reserve the right to wait until it is proven technology.

The boys down at the Luddite Home Office are going to be pissed if they find out you are using a PC and the Internet.  I am going to tell them too.  I wrote a strongly worded letter addressed to the Luddites, placed it in a bottle and threw it in the river.

I will be interested in their response.

Chuckle...

I must admit I had a weak moment driven by the starting of a business project way back before "real" computers were mainstream.

I started out with a Psion thinking it would do everything, only to find it could barely wipe it's own backside.

I then started a long long evolution from 286 and a million upgrades to what was a kickass machine 2 years ago. But now I am not fussed whether they manage nanotechnology or not, this machine will only be upgraded driven by further changes in software needs. It is fast enough.

Board footer