You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Apr 06, 2021 10:20 am

New Historian
Active

I love Carriacou

Back from a great Easter Break with the famalam - I love Kayak! Stayed at the Mermaid Hotel in Hillsborough, nice family-run with friendly faces and workers bring their kids! The hit of the holiday was Buddy - the smallest superdawg in the world!

Barra-at-Barakena.jpg

Best-Buddy.jpg

Carenage-sunset.jpg

PM.jpg

PM-carpark.jpg

PM-panorama.jpg

PM-traffic.jpg

Windward-wreck.jpg

#2 Apr 06, 2021 11:08 am

Dancer
Active

Re: I love Carriacou

' See ,,,,,, I don't lie . strange .
NH  went on a cruse .
'have you heard'  lol.

> Expat  ...    not that cruising.  lo.

Envious  WE  vacation  NH. lo.

#3 Apr 06, 2021 3:39 pm

houston
Active

Great photos, Carriacou is an absolute paradise.
Have to say, you look a lot like Ed Bradley from 60 Minutes in that photo with Buddy.
Is Buddy one of your dogs or a stray? He sure seem to be a gentle fella.

#4 Apr 06, 2021 4:07 pm

New Historian
Active

Buddy, a prime example of the Barbados Brown Dawg species, was a stray who adopted us in Bim and quickly became a most loved dawg - even by my other two dawgs at the time, one a Rotty, who at first wanted to kill this pesky little interloper! But gradually, with holding leashes and lots of butt-sniffing, they all became best of pals. The cute 6-year old girl at the hotel fell in love with him, after first being afraid of dawgs, so Buddy won at least one convert.

#5 Apr 06, 2021 4:48 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Very nice shots.

#6 Apr 06, 2021 4:50 pm

houston
Active

I should have known that he wasn't a stray judging by the collar on his neck. He looks like one happy dog.

#7 Apr 06, 2021 5:28 pm

New Historian
Active

houston wrote:

I should have known that he wasn't a stray judging by the collar on his neck. He looks like one happy dog.

That he is!

Buddy-happy.jpg

#8 Apr 07, 2021 10:33 am

1Luv
Active

Yea the options to get over to both Carriacou and PM are A+++.  Great photos; thanks for sharing.

#9 Apr 07, 2021 12:23 pm

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:
houston wrote:

That he is! Will get there one day.  I kinda surprise that I have not visited our sisters island yet. Ah wonder if he PADNAH Expat go take some from his Anti vaxxers and make ah lime, to the sisters isles?  Go ask him next time ah down dey.

https://i.postimg.cc/m1cZzTNJ/Buddy-happy.jpg

#10 Apr 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
New Historian wrote:
houston wrote:

That he is! Will get there one day.  I kinda surprise that I have not visited our sisters island yet. Ah wonder if he PADNAH Expat go take some from his Anti vaxxers and make ah lime, to the sisters isles?  Go ask him next time ah down dey.

https://i.postimg.cc/m1cZzTNJ/Buddy-happy.jpg

I see little point leaving my little corner of the mainland, it's all the same sheite everywhere, except for a few viewing locations, been there, done that... I certainly aint "going round the island" again in life, unless a visitor comes who I would gladly take on the 5 minute tour.  As for going to an even smaller Island to see much of the same.  Forget that.

Now heading off on an activity trip like blowing critters into the next universe, or making spray as we bounce over the waves for a bit of fun yeah, but climbing a hill, viewing the same old same old sun browned trees from the top, and then sweating, walking down to look up at the hill I just climbed. Nah.

Board footer