You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Mar 28, 2017 9:58 am

Slice
Active

RD READ AND READ WELL, AND STOP TOWING THE REPUBLICAN LINE.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personal … id=DELLDHP

Last edited by Slice (Mar 28, 2017 11:49 am)

#2 Mar 28, 2017 11:34 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: RD READ AND READ WELL, AND STOP TOWING THE REPUBLICAN LINE.

Well, we shall see.

#3 Mar 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Expat
Active

A key point very few seem to mention is that whether under Dem's as OBAMAcare, or under Reps as Trumpcare it was always destined to go up in cost. The point is by how much, and how fiddling with the content would make it work better.

From the little I know it seems there should have been insurance across State lines, and regulation NEEDS to be put on pharmaceutical companies who not only make a profit, and some to facilitate new drugs, they also milk it for all it's worth.

Again from personal experience in the UK private treatment is horrendously expensive, just like Garages and Crash repair shops they stick it to the Insurance companies and surprise surprise it all goes round until the customer foots the bill with higher premiums.

Some call it capitalism, me, I call it a rip off.

#4 Mar 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Ripped off by insurance companies or ripped off by the government.  Same thing.

#5 Mar 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Expat
Active

Being mismanaged is not the same thing as being exploited.

The end result may end up being similar, but the primary cause is not.

The UK health service used to be the envy of many countries. Continuing excessive demands caused by expensive technology, and massively increasing patient demands, combined with limitation of funding, and micro meddling by the ..... OK..... Government... have made a flagship into an old barge.

But it is not only the medical side which is screwed by lack of investment, it is the practice of underfunding old peoples homes, mental institutions etc.... when there is an increasing older population.

You do not need to be an Einstein to see that in 5 or 10 years if not already, there is going to be a lot of misery. Especially for the generations who actually paid up front for the service.

It's funny how we can spend billions on wiping out non combatants, but can't afford a few million for a few old people.

#6 Mar 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am not worried in the least and I VASTLY prefer the health care system I have to any kind of government run racket.   I have access to world class, quality health care with no waiting.  That's the way it is.

People want health care to be...

1) Affordable for all
2) Widely available without long waits
3) Excellent

Well, the ironclad laws of economics say you are only going to get, at best, two of those.  Here are your choices

Option #1
1) Expensive and unaffordable for some
3) Excellent

Option #2
1) Affordable for all
2) Rationed with long waiting periods
3) Excellent

Option #3
1) Affordable for all
3) Haphazard and middling quality