You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Apr 29, 2021 9:33 am

Slice
Active

TIM SCOTT SAID AMERICA IS NOT A RACIST COUNTRY. WHO BELIEVES THAT?

Two days ago, I was telling my son, that about 3/4 of the harassments both me and my wife felt since coming to America, was not done by white folk, but was done by Black Americans.  He was in total bewilderment, he just could not believe that.

Is America a racist country?  That is one of the hardest question, I tried answering.  Now if the question was asked this way, I might be able to answerer very easily.  About what percentage of America you think is racist? My answer is about 30%.

Despite what we see on the news America is not as bad as it seems.

#2 Apr 29, 2021 11:19 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: TIM SCOTT SAID AMERICA IS NOT A RACIST COUNTRY. WHO BELIEVES THAT?

I won't disagree about the 30% but, as you imply, that 30% has people of all races.

#3 Apr 30, 2021 10:53 am

Slice
Active

Baltimore county and city are akinda weird place.  This mixed couple from California kinda warned us about Baltimore.  They said they do not take well to outsiders.  I had no idea what he was saying was going to come through, but they were so correct.

#4 Apr 30, 2021 11:05 am

Dancer
Active

What did Tim Scott say . ?
'USED.  I say .'

Is the sky blue ?

#5 Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm

New Historian
Active

Like all complex issues it can't be boiled down to a simple yes or no answer: it's both. Yes America is racist, a large part of it is, much larger than we or "decent Americans" like RD realize. More than 30% but less than 50% and like RD says, America is a mish-mash of different races, and different types of racism. A lot maybe even most blacks don't "like" white Americans, they certainly don't trust them. Then you have the Latino wild card plus fringe ethnic enclaves - like Slice lol! In post-apartheid South Africa I experienced tremendous friendship and kindness from white strangers.

I'm just glad I'm out of that toxic racial stew that's re-infecting the developed world like a plague.

#6 May 02, 2021 8:20 am

Slice
Active

You know if ah have quality I am proud about, is ah doh see color. I see people.  My heart and mind is always open.  In my first year in America, ah notice ah wgite family stuck getting off the ramp from an expressway.  I got out and tried help, A taxi driver saw me out on the road and stopped to help.  Once he notice i was not the one having problem, he quickly moved on, saying White Motherf$%kers, stay right they.  Ah like to consider myself ah realist, and nothing else.

#7 May 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Of course speaking numerically, almost all Americans get along with all other Americans of all races, all the time.  We just have to see the exceptions in our faces in the media everyday.

Board footer