You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 02, 2021 12:26 pm

Dancer
Active

Freedom from Religion . ....... Ron Reagan ....

Thought I'll give some atheists some news. On a Sunday.

How Ron Reagan , son of a true believer , became an atheist.
Ron Reagan , the son of President Reagan , who helped inspire the religious right , stars in a 30 second spot on TV for the Freedom from religion.
* Emperor has no clothes Award
................... Faith will fade , religions will flower and vanish , but reason remains . reason is where I put my faith, if you will . Reason is where I stand, and I am happy ....

Advertising  Atheists , Lord !

Last edited by Dancer (May 02, 2021 12:28 pm)

#2 May 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Freedom from Religion . ....... Ron Reagan ....

Who is preventing anyone from being free from religion?  I mean other than in Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.

#3 May 02, 2021 5:41 pm

Dancer
Active

Ron Reagan's name made me read and watch a little TV about FFRF   on an overcast  evening.

Interesting views. from FFRF.Org ...... current  shout out.

ACTION ALERT : Tell Congress  ..... 'WE Need A National Day  Of Reason '
The Post from FFRF ...freedom from religion foundation  ( tells US )
> now more than ever , reason ,  -  not prayer  or superstition  - must guide us   as we work to solve the complex challenges we face.<

Agreed .

"But God is already in the midst of it    FFRF.Org ,  comes with the package."
'believe it or not ...lol."

#4 May 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I still don't know who in Grenada, US, Canada, UK etc is being forced to pray.  Everyone who wants to be free of religion is 100 percent free of religion.

Well, unless by "freedom from religion" these people don't just mean themselves.  They are working to "free" others from religion.

If that is the case, then I would advise them to do what I told my children to do when they were toddlers: Mind your own business and keep your hands to yourself.

There is a word for evangelizing atheism: "Evangelizing."

#5 May 02, 2021 7:09 pm

houston
Active

Kind of reminds me of Expats free thinking and his faith as an Atheist. It's difficult to offend a free thinker.
Where is Expat, has he been offended by the freedom of others to express choice, thoughts and ideas?
Really disappointed with that guy. He obviously spent a lot of hours trying to convince others with page upon page of his beliefs. Surely interesting stuff and greatful for the information to study, but come on. A bit of opposition and he packs it up. Geez man, crawl out and say hello!

#6 May 02, 2021 7:48 pm

houston
Active

Just wondering? All of those hours dedicated to why we should not get a vaccine will have to be spent in a different way. That's a lot of empty hours to fulfill.
Any chance of getting a new audience?

#7 May 02, 2021 9:32 pm

New Historian
Active

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

#8 May 02, 2021 9:58 pm

houston
Active

A boy is selling fish on a corner. To get his customers' attention, he is yelling, "Dam fish for sale! Get your dam fish here!" A pastor hears this and asks, "Why are you calling them 'dam fish.'" The boy responds, "Because I caught these fish at the local dam." The pastor buys a couple fish, takes them home to his wife, and asks her to cook the dam fish. The wife responds surprised, "I didn't know it was acceptable for a preacher to speak that way." He explains to her why they are dam fish. Later at the dinner table, he asks his son to pass the dam fish. He responds, "That's the spirit, Dad! Now pass the f*cking potatoes!

#9 May 03, 2021 12:30 am

New Historian
Active

houston wrote:

A boy is selling fish on a corner. To get his customers' attention, he is yelling, "Dam fish for sale! Get your dam fish here!" A pastor hears this and asks, "Why are you calling them 'dam fish.'" The boy responds, "Because I caught these fish at the local dam." The pastor buys a couple fish, takes them home to his wife, and asks her to cook the dam fish. The wife responds surprised, "I didn't know it was acceptable for a preacher to speak that way." He explains to her why they are dam fish. Later at the dinner table, he asks his son to pass the dam fish. He responds, "That's the spirit, Dad! Now pass the f*cking potatoes!

LOL predictable but still chuckle-worthy. In Jamaica any fish, mainly tilapia, that doesn't come from the sea is derisively called pon'-fish. Mudfish. Shitfish.

#10 May 03, 2021 8:01 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

That's pretty much done.  In the free world no priest or king has has legal authority over anyone. They may not have been literally strangled but they have been legally strangled.  You are free to ignore them.

Board footer