You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 17, 2021 5:39 pm

houston
Active

The unexplained

Interesting to hear of so many reports of strange sightings in the sky of late. I've seen some strange, quick flashes in the sky recently with no storm on the horizon. Many sightings can be explained with the launch of Space-X sattlelites or whatever else goes on up there.
It's the unexplainable that it catching the attention of military brass.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7863024/ufo- … nia-beach/

#2 May 18, 2021 11:31 am

Dancer
Active

Re: The unexplained

My unspoken wish .  To see a real live Alien.
Do we need the Government to tell us there are UFO out there  ?  Stupppppps !
We went to the moon
'Skylab' up there
We are on Mars running around. +  flying . lo
We passed Jupiter and the moons
We have found many planets .... that could be life sustaining as we know it .
Of course there are UFO.   ....... checking us out.

Invasion ....heeeeeelllllllp.

#3 May 19, 2021 7:08 am

Slice
Active

Yes we do.  Who else go tell us?  We can use our Commonsense, but we still might be guessing, if we ent see it.

#4 May 22, 2021 10:23 am

Dancer
Active

A World Changing realisation .   .
UFO's EXIST
We are not alone. lol.               ...

Rumor :::  They saw our nuclear EXPLOSION .... ( Japan's Bomb) .... Read the 'waves' from space  and said 'artificial '    .... "Aliens"  be there

BTW  ..we can read some of the same things  now with out telescopes.

' We are players ...... that is  humbling ' ..........
SMH. lol.

#5 May 22, 2021 11:13 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I think every one has a boring, earthly explanation.  Like in the case of big foot, there are never a clear photos. Always grainy.  Always out of focus. It's just optical illusions caused by parallax and so forth.

There are no aliens visiting earth, there are no interdimensional travelers, there is no one from the future, there is no technological marvels from other countries.  It is all boring nothing.

#6 May 22, 2021 2:58 pm

houston
Active

Well, Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch?...have to wonder how there could be a sustainable population and never have that clear photo or video of their existence on the planet that we share.
Extraterrestrials life?...not so sure.
Why couldn't there be?
The great pyramids, ancient drawings, the forever description of the Marshians that have been passed along from day one, really make me wonder.

#7 May 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Dancer
Active

This is where I miss Expat .  He would do some research (even Q ) and refute your assertion  that aliens don't exist .
" Giving up on God " 
..... so sad  , a teacher.  a  born again , now slipping back into  Atheism . lol

Expat. Change that rum. lol.

#8 May 22, 2021 5:11 pm

houston
Active

I don't think of them as a threat, they just like to check in once in a while and have a good laugh.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/ope … n-evidence

#9 May 22, 2021 5:45 pm

houston
Active

Where is Spellchecker when you need em?
Martians...you know what I mean.

#10 May 22, 2021 6:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

houston wrote:

Extraterrestrials life?...not so sure.
Why couldn't there be?

For the record, I think the universe is teeming with life.  I just don't think the UFOs have anything to do with it.

Most planets won't have life, however.  They are either too hot or too cold.  If they are just right, they are probably among the majority of planets that are inhospitable due to cosmic rays or solar radiation.  Most of the galaxy just isn't habitable.

But still, there is so much universe there still must be much life.  On earth, there has been life for hundreds of millions of years.  Of course human showed up on earth just in that last, tiny bit of earth history.  For 99.999999% of the history of life on earth, all that existed was microbes and animals.

And then we showed up.  Of course if the savannahs of Africa hadn't opened up, we would probably still be hanging out with our chimpanzee cousins without technology at all.  That we developed into humans at all was kind of a fluke.  It was perfectly plausible that the earth could have been the home to nothing but animals from the beginning to the end. 

Still we evolved and got smart.  What if we were different. What if we were, say dolphins with 1,000 IQs?  We still wouldn't have grasping hands.  It is hard to imagine, even if they were smarter than us, that dolphins could build a civilization without opposable thumbs.  That we got smart AND did have hands with fine motor skills is even more amazing.

What if all that happened but the earth was a rocky planet with no metals?  No matter how smart we were, without metals we were never going to build a space shuttle.  If this planet didn't have metals, humanity would still be in the stone age no matter how smart we were.

I could go on and on.  The point is that advanced life is rare and intelligent, technological life is exceedingly rare.  There have been millions of species on earth but an intelligent, technological species only arose one time.  Just once.

Still there must be other technological civilizations out there but finding us would be like finding one specific grain of sand on all the beaches in the world.  I don't believe it has happened.

But suppose they did find us.  Clearly they have some pretty damned high tech.  They must be able to bend space and time to travel across the vastness of space.   We can't even get out of our solar system let along search out, find and examine foreign civilizations.

Think about the spy satellite tech America has. A US satellite can fly over Grenada and get a photo of New Historian sunbathing in his yard and identify the brand of his shorts.  Meanwhile, you would never, ever know it passed over.

So that begs the question, why do we see the aliens all the time?  Their technology is infinitely better than ours and we can watch without being seen.  Shouldn't aliens who can bend the space-time continuum be able to observe us without letting every slack jawed moron in Alabama see them?  Of course the could.

Nope, there are no aliens flying around earth.  It is too improbable.  There are other explanations.

Board footer