You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 22, 2021 10:35 am

Slice
Active

THE PAINS ARE HERE. WHAT IS THEIR PURPOSE?

The 17 year nightmare has arrived in full swing.  This insect really have no purpose, or maybe ah doh know of any.  They are all over the place, on me steps on me windows, all over the place.  Birds I once thought was Vegetarian, are not they are eating the shite outa them cicadas.

I know even some folks teach how to cook them and eat them, but not me.  Just get rid of the frigging nightmare.

#2 May 22, 2021 2:33 pm

houston
Active

Re: THE PAINS ARE HERE. WHAT IS THEIR PURPOSE?

They aren't so bad Slice. Harmless, docile little critters. There are a lot worse insects to have around during the warm months. The wind tends to blow those Cicada out of the trees. They land on their backs and can't get upright. I usually pick them up and place them back onto a tree, their feet cling to the bark like velcro.
The cat once brought one into the house in the middle of the night. The screeching of the bug woke me up as the cat batted it around. It wasn't too damaged so just picked it up and tossed it out the window.
That cat used to leave dead birds beside my bed as as Look at me, aren't I wonderful for contributing to the household kind of gesture.
The same cat wasn't so wonderful when a mouse was in the house. Could point it directly at the mouse and the silly cat would turn it's nose up, just not interested. The arrogance of cats never ceases to amaze me.

Board footer