You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 30, 2021 7:41 am

Slice
Active

DON'T IT MAKE YOU MAD, THE WAY SOME FOLKS DRESS?

So yesterday ah driving down the road close to me house, I see this guy with two bags in he hand and he pants way below he butt.  Ah mean he is in his 30s.  If you demand respect, don't you owe it to yourself to present a respectful appearance?  How can you demand respect, if you are not respecting yourself?

Your dress and the way you speak, tells who you are.  The latest police shooting in Louisiana, the mother of the victim got my attention.  She dresses respectful, and speak very clearly.  When she speaks I do not have to wonder what she is saying.

I think some years ago Bill Cosby kinda said that, but the world went crazy about his remarks.  I think if black folks must accomplish, anything, they must change their appearance, especially the way they dress.

Pants below your butt is not ah black thing, but ah prison thing.  Start taking pride in who you are.

#2 May 30, 2021 4:33 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: DON'T IT MAKE YOU MAD, THE WAY SOME FOLKS DRESS?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that this foolishness is still going on, how long now, 20 years?? And my bellbottoms only lasted half that!!

#3 May 30, 2021 5:05 pm

houston
Active

What amazes me is how those pants are able to remain in place below the waistline. It must take some skill in order to keep them from falling to the ankles while waddling but to each his own.
Bell bottoms were much more comfortable and could support a wallet.

#4 May 30, 2021 5:11 pm

New Historian
Active

I've been known to shout at some bare arse from my car: PULL YUH PANTS UP!!! Sometimes you even see skidmarks, lawddd!!!

#5 May 30, 2021 5:18 pm

houston
Active

At the very least, know the rule.
Yellow stripe front, brown stripe back.

#6 May 30, 2021 5:25 pm

houston
Active

I wouldn't be surprised to see suspenders make a comeback in the fashion world. Very practical piece of clothing and they look smart too. Starting to see a few people wearing them recently and thinking, might have to get a pair of those.

#7 Jun 01, 2021 7:50 am

Slice
Active

houston wrote:

What amazes me is how those pants are able to remain in place below the waistline. It must take some skill in order to keep them from falling to the ankles while waddling but to each his own.
Bell bottoms were much more comfortable and could support a wallet.

So this guy was walking with his legs open, ah think that kinda keeps it from going down to their ankles.  If ah had ah daughter and she bring that home ah throwing her out.

#8 Jun 01, 2021 7:52 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that this foolishness is still going on, how long now, 20 years?? And my bellbottoms only lasted half that!!

It has gotten ah tiny bit better.  You know ah can stomach ah teenager, not ah 30 plus.

Board footer