You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Jun 12, 2021 9:17 am

Dancer
Active

Why We Kneel, How we Rise. MICHAEL HOLDING.

ONE OF THE GREAT FAST BOWLERS  from the West Indies  (   Malcolm Marshall  # 1)   LO
Tells how he felt and how he sees it  ,  as a cricketer and   commentator.
> Black people have an extra hurdle to jump <
'Long time Holding.'

Trending .... The Guardian news paper.
A West Indian on Black lives matter.
LO. Holding.

#2 Jun 14, 2021 9:34 am

Slice
Active

Re: Why We Kneel, How we Rise. MICHAEL HOLDING.

Cricket lovely cricket.

Me ent care about Marshall and them.  To me the West indies had three Great Fast bowlers,

1- Michael Holding  On one tour of India he took 19 wickets for 20 runs.

2- Andy Roberts

3- Wes Hall

Every West Indian player except those who toured SA in the Packer scandal, have did their best to make all WI very conscious of cricket in the White world.

It is so wonderful, that daily I can lay on my bed and watch the game 24/7. The game is in my DNA.  I started playing Windball Cricket.  I was promoted to the practice with the hard ball, but never made the team.  I probably played two matches.  There was about 8 teams in the St David's area.  There was also a team in Mt Moritz. That Mt Moritz Cricket team, was made up of all White Grenadians.

I then graduated to being ah scorer. Then an umpire. I was kinda famous as an umps.  When ah give ah person out, there was no questioning my decision.  I was good.  Took tons of training to become an umpire.

#3 Jun 14, 2021 11:08 am

New Historian
Active

"Me ent care about Marshall"

Man is joke yuh talkin, Marshall was one of the top 5 fast bowlers of all time, de man even bowl - and bat - with a broken hand!

Can't wait to get Michael's new book, ordered my hard copy already.

#4 Jun 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Slice
Active

Not disputing the man was good, but ah just like Holding.  Figures might not reflect that, but  Wha he nickname again? Whispering Death.

#5 Jun 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Dancer
Active

Slice Man  ,  you surprising me . Wind ball cricket , soccer , umpire.  Had some boy days eh ?
Now watching ITL  cricket  , T20 and others. lord Have mercy.
lol

Board footer