You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jun 28, 2021 6:09 am

Slice
Active

ALL THIS SHITE ABOUT MICHAEL B JORDEN RUM NAME JOUVERT

There should be no monopoly on the word J'ouvert.  Trinidad took offence in the rum name, and ask that it be renamed and I think Jorden relented. J'ouvert is not even ah thing in Trinidad anymore.  If any  island should have problem to the word it should be Grenada, we have taken over jouvert.  We are now J'ouvert.  As one writer wrote, Trinidad has gambled on Pretty mas.  Jamaica and Grenada placed their bets on another kind of mas, and it is paying big dividend for both islands.

I see the naming of the rum, as win win situation for the Caribbean.  As a Grenadian, I say Mr Jorden, you have the absolute right to name your rum J'ouvert.  Please do not change the name.  Grenada is the capital of J'ouvert, and we say it is fine with us.

#2 Jun 28, 2021 8:38 am

New Historian
Active

Re: ALL THIS SHITE ABOUT MICHAEL B JORDEN RUM NAME JOUVERT

Cancel culture strikes again. Stupes.

#3 Jul 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Spice Concoction
Active

We seem to quarrel when something happens than do like Jamaica and have an international copyright/trademark for the words "Jamaican Jerk".

#4 Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm

New Historian
Active

Spice Concoction wrote:

We seem to quarrel when something happens than do like Jamaica and have an international copyright/trademark for the words "Jamaican Jerk".

Do they? So why do I see a million "Jamaican Jerk Chicken" crappy imitations in restaurants all around the world? Copyright is one thing, enforcement another.

#5 Jul 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Slice
Active

Spice Concoction wrote:

Really? How on earth can that be enforced? Let Mr B Jordon name the damn rum Jouvert.  I just think its recognizing us.

So ah go rum me mouth ah bit, ah tink NH might be the authority on this one. I have been hearing about a rum thats made in Grenada, and sold only to special folks.  Ah hear the cost can be in the the thousand dollar range.  Tell me how is that helping Spicefolks?

If the man name he rum, what he want to call it, I am sure there will be visitors, who would want to experience Jouvert.  The island that will benefit the most is Grenada.  We so-called ambassadors are ah joke.  They too damn near sighted.

Board footer