You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jul 09, 2021 7:23 am

Slice
Active

NH AH GOING GRENVILLE TODAY

A restaurant up dey ah must have lunch dey.  Lord the food was good last time.

#2 Jul 09, 2021 11:47 am

New Historian
Active

Re: NH AH GOING GRENVILLE TODAY

Enjoy, I stuck here in tong. Grenville is amazing, was built as a fishing port back in the days of sail, but as a port, you couldn't find many worse places than Grenville! It's on a lee shore, ie with the easterly winds constantly blowing in the direction of the shore - not good. Add to that there's a maze of reefs, islands and rocks to navigate, man them early sailors were a breed apart!!

#3 Jul 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Grenville was the first community I entered back in 1983.  In fact, it was the only one I entered for at least a couple weeks.  I can't speak for the other towns, but Grenville greeted us very warmly.

#4 Jul 09, 2021 12:32 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Grenville was the first community I entered back in 1983.  In fact, it was the only one I entered for at least a couple weeks.  I can't speak for the other towns, but Grenville greeted us very warmly.

Everywhere did, hail the liberators! I love the touching story about the first Grenadian "Thanksgiving Day", which they stupidly decided to make permanent.

Love this pic:

Babysoldier.jpg

#5 Jul 09, 2021 12:56 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I agree.  The invasion was not a happy event.  I liken it to the way people with a house on fire welcome the firefighters.  Yes, they are happy the firefighters are there but it is still a terrible day when your house is on fire.  A very terrible day.

I have no desire to see Grenada permanently remember that terrible series of events.  It was a disaster that it happened at all.  Further, the people of Grenada owe us nothing.  They thanked us in 1983 and that was more than enough.  There is no reason to rehash it year after year.

#6 Jul 09, 2021 9:03 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I agree.  The invasion was not a happy event.  I liken it to the way people with a house on fire welcome the firefighters.  Yes, they are happy the firefighters are there but it is still a terrible day when your house is on fire.  A very terrible day.

I have no desire to see Grenada permanently remember that terrible series of events.  It was a disaster that it happened at all.  Further, the people of Grenada owe us nothing.  They thanked us in 1983 and that was more than enough.  There is no reason to rehash it year after year.

Well said.

Board footer