You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Slice
Active

YOU WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THE COST OF A POUND OF SUGAR APPLE

I know for a fact Sugar Apple is my favorite fruit of all time. Gosh ah love the damn thing.  For the last month in Grenada, that is all I have been eating.  According to what part of Grenada you reside, the fruit is ready at different times.  In Morne Delice it has been in season now for the last month or so.

I tried my best to bring some up, but it is banned from entry in the US. 

I was going to buy some today from Florida online.  When ah see the price, ah almost pass out.  The damn thing cost $us117.00, for a small box, which contains three to five pounds.  That mean SA is $us40.00 ah pound.  What! are you fricking kidding me?

#2 Sep 09, 2021 11:55 am

New Historian
Active

Re: YOU WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THE COST OF A POUND OF SUGAR APPLE

Or sugar - if you can find it! Wifey had to buy Waitrose (from England) castor sugar for $17 a pound! My lovely helper Nelcie says "Is because dem boys boilin' babash!" Babash = moonshine white rum.

#3 Sep 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Slice
Active

Your helper might be right. Din realize that the damn thing so popular.  Almost everyone that stop by me, babash was their choice of drink.  Few exceptions, those local boys that drink Clarkes Court, they went Upper shelf.  They ent know ah thing about Hennessy White, but they din have mercy on it.  Had the nerve to ask for more on their next visit.

Nope, Rivers, Clarkes Court or Babash with or without bitters.

#4 Sep 09, 2021 12:30 pm

New Historian
Active

People drinking it as a covid-killer!! I can see the logic there, that shit will kill anything!!

Board footer