You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Nov 18, 2021 3:26 pm

Slice
Active

AH USE TO HATE TRINIDIANS FOR SAYING GRENADIANS TALK TO FLAT.

This going to be very hard to write.  Allyu Grenadians please forgive for what ah was about to say. Would anyone on this forum believe  me when ah say, the way some Spicepeople talk gives me pause and sometimes ah does not understand.  Allyu please do say ah playing thing, but some of my people does talk real bad.  Ah mean some of us does talk worst than Jamaicans.

It is me culture, and God knows maybe just maybe ah use to talk so too, but now ah doh like it.  Ah wonder if it would be wise to say, we must   speak so folks can understand.

Doh get me wrong the majority of Grenadians speak very clearly, and ah have no problems with that.  I ent sure what part of the island speaks real flat, but there might be specific parts of Grenada, that speaks that way.  We doh speak patois so why is so damn hard to understand?

#2 Nov 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: AH USE TO HATE TRINIDIANS FOR SAYING GRENADIANS TALK TO FLAT.

Slice school time.

If you paid more attention to your African ancestory , you would understand .... why.
English is not our native tongue   ,,,,,,,   it is   a foreign   language  .

I  really  must stop being a high school teacher . Call me *Prof Dancer* my new title. For consultations .

One must make an appointment.
Fee ..... $60 an hour for Slice. (Caribbean currency - NOT Jamaican.)
RD ...... $120 an hour. (american)
WH man   .... ' i can't see him '
Lmao.

Last edited by Dancer (Nov 19, 2021 2:02 pm)

#3 Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Dancer wrote:

If you paid more attention to your African ancestory , you would understand .... why.

Until they came to America no earlier than about 1855, none of my ancestors spoke English.

#4 Nov 19, 2021 3:16 pm

WH Man
Active

Dancer wrote:

Slice school time.

I  really  must stop being a high school teacher . Call me *Prof Dancer* my new title. For consultations .

One must make an appointment.
Fee ..... $60 an hour for Slice. (Caribbean currency - NOT Jamaican.)
RD ...... $120 an hour. (american)
WH man   .... ' i can't see him '
Lmao.

LMAO!

#5 Nov 23, 2021 7:29 am

Slice
Active

Dancer is on another planet, most times. Dancer ah doh know about you, but English is my native language.  You see Dancer, My great, great grandparents, one was white, the other was black.  That is on my grandfather side. On my grandfather side the same. On my father side, one was Portuguese and the other was white  Should I say more?  Please do not tell me I am African.  I totally refuse to wear that label.

I will never ever be ungrateful for those that made my existence possible.  Something always stuck out with me, I will never ever forget the teaching of that professor from your country,  He said do not put us West Indians in that one barrel.  He said we to damn mixed up.

Last edited by Slice (Nov 23, 2021 7:33 am)

#6 Nov 25, 2021 10:14 am

Dancer
Active

' Slice I read your roots story. I agree . You are mixed up .
But you only acknowledge some parts.  smh.

This answer is going to seal it for me and i will not mention  your ancestry again.
QUES   :  Did you ever comb your hair with a 'metal hair pick' .

lol.

#7 Nov 25, 2021 11:40 am

Slice
Active

I wore a dread for a very long time in Grenada.  When my visa came through to come to America, my mother said no more dread.  I had to cut it then.

I became a middle of the road person as I read and realize certain thing.  Yea the color of my skin is black, but am I African?   No I am not, I ent buying the theory that if you have any kind of African, in you, you are African or black.

#8 Nov 25, 2021 12:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Truth be told, everyone's ancestors are African.

#9 Nov 25, 2021 9:36 pm

houston
Active

Okay, we are all African.
So what's the problem?

#10 Nov 29, 2021 11:41 am

Slice
Active

But don't you see the problem.  Maybe it's my problem.  Yes we all started in Africa, but should I ignore my European, or Indian parts of my ancestors?  Honestly about 99% of my friends think I should.  My cousin and lately my best friend, talks about White folks as if they are scums of the earth, then ah does have to tell him, boy you forget who is you pupa.  The man father is as white as milk.

Ah hate folks tell me what they tink.  I am ah man and must be able to make decision based on facts.

Board footer