You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Nov 23, 2021 10:38 am

New Historian
Active

The ocean's biggest predators are back in Grenada's waters - beware...

#2 Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: The ocean's biggest predators are back in Grenada's waters - beware...

I have never been on a cruise and never really wanted to be on a cruise.  That said, I didn't have an opinion of the industry one way or the other.  Your article certainly gives me a negative opinion of them, however.

Now, I know people who love to cruise.  I can tell you that people who like to get on a cruise ship are not very adventuresome. I don't think any of them are the type that would visit any country and immerse themselves in it.  If they can't cruise, these people are people who would probably go to Sandals and never leave the property.

I will say this:  I once considered a small craft eco-cruise to the Galapagos Islands.  How do you feel about this sort of thing?

#3 Nov 24, 2021 8:39 am

New Historian
Active

"I once considered a small craft eco-cruise to the Galapagos Islands.  How do you feel about this sort of thing?"

Absolutely. I would also consider non-traditional cruises on boats like the old clipper ships that have been converted for passengers. But those mega-monsters? Never.

#4 Nov 25, 2021 10:39 am

Dancer
Active

I hope  Samuel  ditch that  Panama straw hat.  Cut the brim in half and graduate to a 'stingy brim' . lol.

Now ,  Cruise ships and the Caribbean.  I must agree with NH and his (BEEFS) suggestions  is the right  word.
One had to  do a little 'study'  to come up with     10  insights , each paragraph  is loaded with 'needs to do'. Not bad NH.
BUT ... you need to encourage students  and others  that going to University and doing Lawyering   or doctoring .... to  spread their wings .
How many lawyers you got down there ?    ....   1 for every 5 people .

I could see some journalism student  doing a study on some of NH points .  ' Would make him or her a name in the Caribbean.
Get on it NH. Be a mentor  .

#5 Nov 25, 2021 11:29 am

Slice
Active

I would say, we PADNAH NH, is ah Caribbean man or maybe just maybe international.  It ent easy to have a story on any known newspaper.

Having said that, Dancer ah tink you jealous.

#6 Nov 25, 2021 9:53 pm

Dancer
Active

' Jealousy is really not my thing  '
But don't push it too far . ' smh.

' Slice , you got it wrong ,   again  , NH should be paying me for his PR. '  Lord!

' Now you got me thinking of how much an hour .'
I  must warn him .  No Jamaican dollars.

#7 Nov 29, 2021 11:24 am

New Historian
Active

"I hope  Samuel  ditch that  Panama straw hat.  Cut the brim in half and graduate to a 'stingy brim' . lol."

Original Gangster - wide brim

Young Fellas - stingy brim

I ent competing with dem young fellas lol.

Board footer