You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Dec 06, 2021 10:46 am

Slice
Active

WHEN LOCALS ARE SHUT OUTA THE GRENADIAN PRIME HOUSEING AREAS.

I never ever thought that housing in Grenada is much more expensive than America.  In the South of the island in St Davids and St George, you have to be a Grenadian with plenty monies to own a little house in Grenada.  Ah mean in places like Westehall Egmont, Point, Lance- Aux- pines, a five-bedroom house could cost one upwards of $us3,000,000,000. Ah mean that is cheap.

It seems some of these areas are catering to the Bill Gates and the Oprah of this world.  There is one Real estate agent in Grenada, almost every home of the site starts at around one million bucks.  Lord ah wish ah had the sense, right after the Revo to buy two houses in Westerhall point.  Today ah was going to be a billionaire.  A house one could have bought for less than ah hundred thousand, now cost about four million.  BTW that place have some of the worst beaches in Grenada.  Still millions for a house there.

#2 Dec 06, 2021 12:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: WHEN LOCALS ARE SHUT OUTA THE GRENADIAN PRIME HOUSEING AREAS.

US $3 billion?  Damn. That is high.

#3 Dec 06, 2021 3:37 pm

Dancer
Active

....... Man NH told you  WHY  a couple of days ago.

#4 Dec 07, 2021 9:55 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

It won't surprise if it belongs to you.

#5 Dec 07, 2021 12:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Dancer wrote:

....... Man NH told you  WHY  a couple of days ago.

Now I'm curious!

True what you say Slice, but that's neither new nor abnormal. Back in 1972 when Westerhall and Ft. Jeudy were starting up, they were targeted at the affluent foreign retirement market, and they succeeded. The good thing about Grenada, as my son said, is everywhere has a good view, so while dem jokers paying US$4 million, my likkle house up in Perdmontemps have the same view (or better), and the same breeze (and definitely stronger!).

#6 Dec 07, 2021 4:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

It won't surprise if it belongs to you.

You wrote $3 billion.  No house in Grenada is worth $3 billion.  I think you were off by a factor of 1,000 and meant $3 million.

#7 Dec 07, 2021 7:37 pm

New Historian
Active

I heard of a house in Spray bay Westerhall that was selling for years at US$4.2 million, now reduced to US$1.5. A steal of a deal!! C'mon RD, what ya waiting for??

#8 Dec 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I understand the temptation.  I have a personal rule I live by, however.  "Don't unnecessarily complicate your life."  Owning a home in Grenada would definitely be complication I don't need.  I can rent there just fine.

#9 Dec 07, 2021 9:15 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I understand the temptation.  I have a personal rule I live by, however.  "Don't unnecessarily complicate your life."  Owning a home in Grenada would definitely be complication I don't need.  I can rent there just fine.

Nah man go for it, I'll live in it and take real good care of it for you! You won't have to pay me too much either lol.

#10 Dec 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Tempting if I had a trustworthy, reliable caretaker. :-)

Board footer