You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Apr 04, 2017 10:31 am

dapper
Active

Grenada....30 years after U.S invasion

#2 Apr 04, 2017 11:09 am

Slice
Active

Re: Grenada....30 years after U.S invasion

Ah hope them DUNSEE folks in Grenada, get ah chance to look at this video.  Yep ah tink the unemployment rate in Grenada is somewhere in the hood of 40%.  Yes there are much more the NNP and NDC could  do to improve the life's of ordinary Grenadians.

It breaks my heart when certain fruits are in season and about 90% of it go to waste.

Poverty is way up.  The amount of Crazy folks and homeless are sky rocking.  Grenada today is a tale of two island. Some are doing great and most of the population is in ah dump.

Grenadians are too damn lazy, but maybe it is not their faults. Grenada should be doing much better.

I did not know Mr. Rojas was still alive.

Last edited by Slice (Apr 04, 2017 1:23 pm)

#3 Apr 04, 2017 11:16 am

dapper
Active

true words slice !!!!

#4 Apr 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Ah hope them DUNSEE folks in Grenada, get ah chance to look at this video.  Yep ah tink the unemployment rate in Grenada is somewhere in the hood of 40%.  Yes there are much more the NNP and NDC could  do to improve the life's of ordinary Grenadians.

It breaks my heart when certain fruits are in season and about 90% of it go to waste.

Poverty is way up.  The amount of Crazy folks and homeless are sky rocking.  Grenada today is a tale of two island. Some are doing great and most of the population is in ah dump.

Grenadians are too damn lazy, but maybe it is not their faults. Grenada should be doing much better.

I did not know Mr. Rojas was still alive.

>>It breaks my heart when certain fruits are in season and about 90% of it go to waste.<<

But unless you have an established customer, are prepared to give the stuff away to traffickers, or get cents on the dollar at the Marketing Board it isn't worth picking the stuff.

Eg Grapefruit, by the time you have buggered around for 1 to 2 hours picking them, and then maybe the same again washing them, plus your time driving them to the outlet, not to mention your gas and wear and tear on your vehicle even if you are selling to a better place than the Marketing Board you are doing it for a pittance.

And then some Jerk off in the Government tells people not already selling to feed Grenada, and the price goes down further due to over supply.

Plus now they are going to charge tax on agricultural lands not "working" so every mother is going to grow, and all that will happen is the compost heaps will get bigger.

#5 Apr 05, 2017 6:59 am

Slice
Active

I am not fan of the marketing board, they are the biggest rip of in Grenada.  Establish another market and have them sell the stuff.  The government of Grenada, should be looking for New markets or build factories.

I read somewhere, that Europe is interesting is all kinds of Organic stuff.  Encourage Farmers in Grenada to grow Organic produce and sell to Europe.  Whole Food is already buying Tuna from Grenada, they can also buy Organic produce grown in Grenada.  No matter how it is look it, Grenadians will come out on the loosing end, but they will get ah little bit ah money.

On a visit to Whole Foods, you can see produce from New Zealand and South America.  I do believe that buying from Grenada, will be cheaper for places like Whole Foods.

Board footer