You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Feb 27, 2022 5:56 pm

houston
Active

The pandemic toll on talk shop

We lost Expat and by the looks of it Vanni.
Both great contributors but unfortunately couldn't handle the differences in opinions.

#2 Feb 27, 2022 6:32 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Re: The pandemic toll on talk shop

Talkshop was not doing so well before the website malfunction--on my end of course. I miss Expat but Vanni was a silly high yoga priestess. The lack of tolerance for differences in thinking is what started the Grenada revolution that resulted in the assassination of Maurice Bishop and the incarceration of many political followers. NH is like that too. As much as I like the forum, he can be a pimple sometimes. I only want to state my views knowing that others might not feel the same way, but they don't have to jump down my throat.

#3 Feb 27, 2022 7:08 pm

Dancer
Active

NH is just a nice mixed up 1/2 Greer.
smh.

#4 Feb 27, 2022 7:10 pm

houston
Active

Speak loud and clear, thoughts are always interesting but many times conflicting.

#5 Feb 28, 2022 1:37 pm

New Historian
Active

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

Talkshop was not doing so well before the website malfunction--on my end of course. I miss Expat but Vanni was a silly high yoga priestess. The lack of tolerance for differences in thinking is what started the Grenada revolution that resulted in the assassination of Maurice Bishop and the incarceration of many political followers. NH is like that too. As much as I like the forum, he can be a pimple sometimes. I only want to state my views knowing that others might not feel the same way, but they don't have to jump down my throat.

Lawd ooman, is called picong, here I'll save you the trouble of Googling it. Ain't you the strong, free-thinking, proud woman? So what's a little trip down your throat every now and then, between friends? I mean, of course, verbally... smile

Picong is light comical banter, usually at someone else's expense. It is the way in which West Indians (particularly those in the Eastern Caribbean) tease, heckle and mock each other in a friendly manner.

#6 Feb 28, 2022 6:34 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

"Friends?" Please do not pull my leg! I am known to have a vulgar sense of humor and I sent you an etching of an old wrinkled phallus as a joke. The next thing I know is that you verbally attacked me-- threatening to beat me in the face! What violence, what rage! What coarseness! We verbally abused each other senselessly. Then the next thing you know, I was cut off from the forum. You even hinted that I was a whore. I got the blame and was disbanded. You do not have a sense of humor; you want to insult me but I should NEVER insult me.

#7 Mar 01, 2022 9:30 am

Slice
Active

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

But I think disagreement is what powers Talkshop.  I also think although small this place is not for the faint hearted.  It can be very mean at times.  Expat is ah old Englishman, who must get his way.  Once you prove your point, Expat is done.

You see Expat do not believe in science.  I honestly have no clue what he believes in.

I do not think Vanni is gone for good, she will be back.  But in all honesty, Vanni has always been like that; therefore, I must respect her.

#8 Mar 01, 2022 10:01 am

Dancer
Active

WE West Indians don't know 'Jack' about each other .... to be honest.

Trini .. calypso and Kamla.
Bajans ..  school
small islands (lo ) fruit
Jamaica .. weed , guns and girls.

I try to bridge the divide  : NH is coming along.
WSS after the sabbatical , we all hope  .... has widened her understanding .
RD led down the garden path by Slice and WHman
Expat - Covid neurosis.
..... as the world turns.

#9 Mar 01, 2022 10:23 am

Slice
Active

Speak for youself. I know a bit of history about most English-Speaking Caribbean.  I once adored Jamaicans, until, I realize that most are very very selfish and kinda very ignorant.  Ah mean in this day and age Gay folks are killed in Jamaica. I dated three Jamaicans.

I think the only island I have not visited is Guyana, and most likely the only island I don't have friends or family there.

Ah keep telling you RD is his very own person.  WHman and RD is probably the two most Pig-Headed men ah ever know.  They are very strong willed.

The things RD does in Grenada, I won't do.  You got to realize RD been involved in Grenada, since the revo.

Apart from Grenada, my next favorite island was Trinidad and Tobago, but because of crime ah doh like them nomore.

See what ah mean all you can say about Small Islands is fruits, we are much much more than fruits.

#10 Mar 01, 2022 11:08 am

New Historian
Active

"threatening to beat me in the face"

Lie. I challenge you to repost that alleged threat.

Board footer