You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Mar 11, 2022 6:05 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

THE RISE OF DIVORCE RATE DURING THE PANDEMIC

Why can't people no longer keep a marriage going as before? The divorce rate in the United States has skyrocketed during the pandemic. I noticed that many of my students' parents have now separated and are going through the divorce process. Americans on a whole are horrible at relationships. Years ago, a therapist told me that 'all relationships are superficial until tested.' I guess if my students' parents could not pass the test of financial and emotional fragility brought on by the pandemic, they had nothing special from the beginning. I HATE DIVORCE! We have become a bunch of weaklings!

#2 Mar 11, 2022 9:04 am

Slice
Active

Re: THE RISE OF DIVORCE RATE DURING THE PANDEMIC

I think it's one of the hardest things, we are going to do.  Man, t's just tough.  Every one of my Friends I knew in Grenada that got married are now divorced.

Four of them are married to Grenadian that they knew growing up.

Am very blessed that I am still married.  Staying married is one of the best decisions I made in my entire life.

#3 Mar 11, 2022 9:12 am

New Historian
Active

"Am very blessed that I am still married.  Staying married is one of the best decisions I made in my entire life."

Me too. We've had our difficulties but both of us realized there were more important things than our hurt feelings and frustrations: our kids.

#4 Mar 11, 2022 10:23 am

Dancer
Active

I see. WSS was or  IS  a church person . Quoting scriptures  in a round about fashion .
'Altar Boy .... I will help.' 
Mark 10.9.    > What therefore God has joined together , let no man put asunder <

During the Pandemic ??

Cut to the chase WSS . " You tried , you got burned "  " Well you are back in a loving TS family ."
" Peace and love.
Right NH. "

on a side note ...... It seems in Caribbean society , divorce is not embraced . Husband lives in Montego Bay wife lives in NYC  or  somewhere else. Lo.

#5 Mar 11, 2022 7:42 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Dancer, for you the third time it's great! NH you are a nice guy and is rather stable and can keep a relationship going. Slice, you shouldn't be with anybody at all! As for me, men are just not important anymore. They have no class, and many are not gentlemen!

#6 Mar 11, 2022 8:20 pm

New Historian
Active

"As for me, men are just not important anymore. They have no class, and many are not gentlemen!"

I feel your pain Cal, it can't be easy, searching for Mister Perfect and being let down, time after time. But maybe if you took a leaf out of my book, and lowered your sights a bit, from Mister Perfect to Mister Good-Enough-Despite-His-Faults, then you might have found some lasting relationship happiness - don't you think? You're not perfect, neither am I, but why pass up the attainable good, for the unattainable perfect? Just sayin'.

#7 Mar 11, 2022 9:06 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Many are sleazebags. I never looked for Mr. Perfect but it's even hard to find someone you could work with. If they are 80 years old, they are looking for 40 years old. I am locked out. Totally! Only the dregs that have been sieved is left. Who wants that?

#8 Mar 11, 2022 10:27 pm

houston
Active

You can choose not to be with a partner.
Besides, who wants to be in a partnership with anyone that is not as perfect as themselves?

#9 Mar 12, 2022 8:47 am

New Historian
Active

"Only the dregs that have been sieved is left. Who wants that?"

I'm sure the same could be said, from the other side!!!

#10 Mar 12, 2022 9:14 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

True, but let's face it! There are better women than men. In the black community, you are also aware that the women are far better than the men. Enjoy your weekend.

Board footer