You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Mar 20, 2022 11:04 pm

Dancer
Active

Mental Health and TIK- TOK

Black therapists on Tik Tok  are creating safe spaces for people of color.
Black Therapists struggle to share mental health knowledge on Tik Tok.
From a a well lighted room , plants blurred in the background , their faces framed by close captionsing , Shalem Mclaurin  speaks directly into the camera.
The lesson :  Ten Ways To Start Healing."
But this is not a classroom  , nor is it a therapist's office . This is Tik Tok.

Some kids of West Indians  seem to be having  trouble  in this 'western culture ' .

CNN .... yesterday.
Hannah Norman , Kaiser Health News.

#2 Mar 22, 2022 9:00 am

Slice
Active

Re: Mental Health and TIK- TOK

There ent no news here about WI kids having trouble. I have been saying this for more than 20 years now. We are stuck between two worlds.  We think we should get along better with Africans Americans, but we soon realize we are closer to White Americans.

#3 Mar 23, 2022 10:29 am

Dancer
Active

What's up Slice ?
Still watching Fox News ?
Still being brain washed ?

An American Black soon on the Supreme Court . You OK with that ?

#4 Mar 24, 2022 9:06 am

Slice
Active

Dancer, ah tink you love harassing me.  Listen it has been 7 days now since another Black Supreme Court judge has been in the hospital. This is goona sound real evil, but ah wish this Black Motherf@#ker was dead.

Now ah know another Black PADNAH on here, go hate me for saying that and also RD, but you see not all African American are created equal.  Dancer I am ah liberal. Am I?  I think Judge Brown, is ah moderate, and me ent like her too much.  Would prefer someone more liberal, but she is ah billion percent better than that black one that is now serving.

Kinda Weird, I am a liberal, ah really not sure where ah fit, it is somewhere between liberal and moderate, still I have two extremely conservative PADNAHs on here, that I can break bread with.

#5 Mar 24, 2022 9:16 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Don't wish anyone dead.  Karma can be a real bitch.

#6 Mar 25, 2022 4:07 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Don't wish anyone dead.  Karma can be a real bitch.

I know but we all must dead one day.  In all honesty Karma is ah bitch.  I scares the daylight outa me.  All me life ah live honest, with one exception. So Karma wont get me.

I kinda knew that you and me other PADNAH would not appreciate those comments.  Allyu love allyu some Clarence Thomas.

#7 Mar 30, 2022 10:58 am

Dancer
Active

One of my first reactions   and  thoughts when I saw Will Smith's behavior towards Chris Rock     ...... was ,  here comes  another Kayne West , Donald trump , the Repubs , Jan 6 ,  voter suppression  and   gets a standing ovation.

That behavior is played out  by  members of Congress,  law makers  , Fox News and the like.
Sad ... that's what it breeds.

Months ago I saw Will Smith and his wife  ... talking about 'free love'  and lots of BS.
Saying  that these thing make you a better  person . lol.  " Will Smith looked like a broken guy then. , had to act out sometime.
   .....  the BLAME is all over.
...America must address the Behavioral Health/ mental  crisis sweeping the nation . Give better heath care to its citizens , and show what Democracy means . Starting at home.

Board footer