You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Mar 21, 2022 6:22 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

Finally, we West Indians have begun to lift up our voices and sing against our colonial past and the humiliation it brought: first to our ancestors, the slaves, and to us, their progeny. Let's face it! England has not treated us fairly as their dark-skinned subjects. Our pseudo- tie with them has brought us stagnation because of their domination of our economy which has limited our progress. We must now demand reparations for our brutal past association with the English, French, Spaniards, Portuguese-- those grand colonial nations who savagely took us from Africa, rape us of our dignity, refused to educate us and created a problematic group of people. The British royal family cannot and should not represent us. We are West Indians-- a nation of peoples of African descent; only a few of us are of European descent. We should not praise the sight of them in our countries but, nonetheless, should treat them without animosity.

The nation of Belize has started their protest against Kate and William's visit. Jamaicans should join in the protest as well!  They hate us blacks but at the same time crave our attention to make it appears as if we've had a smooth relationship. Notice, when The United States of America won their independence from England, they no longer acknowledged the queen as their sovereign. Why should we, the people of predominantly African ancestry hail a MOTHER-FUCKING white queen? White America does not! Why do we torture ourselves?

Let us cut our ties with England and the little protection they gave us when we migrated to their country during the Windrush times and encountered racism, isolation and abandonment. Let us not continue to be foolish and ask them for reparation to help us fix some of our problems. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-ne … -protests/

Last edited by Wide Sargasso Sea (Mar 21, 2022 8:06 pm)

Online

#2 Mar 21, 2022 7:22 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

As a classic Windrush child I'm pretty sure I experienced a lot more racism than you, not that it's any contest. I even had a British passport once, until they took it away from me because of their racist policies. Was I angry? Fuck yeah. Am I still? Hell no - life is too short to harbour all that hate in your heart. There's an awful lot of vitriol in your post, let it go. I agree 100% with reparations, but not the hate that accompanies it, in your heart.

Offline

#3 Mar 21, 2022 8:08 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

>>>>We should not praise the sight of them in our countries but, nonetheless, should treat them without animosity. <<<<<NH, you do not get my point. We should not get excited when they visit us. It just should not matter.

Last edited by Wide Sargasso Sea (Mar 21, 2022 8:10 pm)

Online

#4 Mar 21, 2022 9:17 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

Oh come on, lighten up sister, not everything is worth having a heart attack about. " a MOTHER-FUCKING white queen" Why all the angst? Haven't you mellowed with age, like fine wine?

Offline

#5 Mar 21, 2022 9:50 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

..We know the history   
... We know what we want , Reparations !
What is that to you ?  Reparations ... that is ?

How are we to negotiate  ?
" I think we should start by understanding ..   the meaning of the word ... and start practicing."

..........' De  queen and Dem  ... just celebrities these days .'  " time to start practicing de negotiation   on Dem ..lo

.....  NH  might have some sort of idea of a format for Reparations , having probably  oversaw  Haiti's payment to France. For years and years. smh. lol

Offline

#6 Mar 22, 2022 5:07 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

"Darkies, Niggers, Coons , Chocolates"-- you name them for you've been there . I've felt the brunt of racism too. By the time I've experienced it, my Jamaican teachers had given me a strong sense of identity so I could not be crushed. I could only carry on my life with dignity! What was queen Elizabeth II doing when we blacks were being tortured? Was she washing her beautiful white ass in her lavender-scented boudoir? I don't feel that I should be polite but I'm damned mad when we get too excited at their visit. As for reparations, they'll never pay it! France refused to pay it to Haiti's when former president Jean-Bertrand Aristide proposed it. Remember after slavery that England, etc. compensated the whites for the lost of their property. John Baille of Hermitage estate received at least seven million dollars. The Jews who survived the Holocaust got something for their troubles, didn't they? When the English and the other colonial powers pay up then we can begin to make amends! Calling Queen Elizabeth a "mother-fucking white queen" is only my way of loosening her influence on the dark subjects who still continue to hold on to a bloody farce! I refuse to take it back. Let her deal with it!

Online

#7 Mar 22, 2022 8:17 am

Slice
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

I do agree that England has not treated us fairly, but are we going to continue blaming England?  Afterall, they were not all bad.  It is high time we stop blaming England and start putting the blame where it belongs.

Let's take a look at all the folks we elected to lead us away from England, Every F@#king one of them stole our monies and kept us from moving ahead in the future.  The PM of Grenada and his Deputy are now worth millions.  Probably Grenada is the worst developed country in the Caribbean apart from Haiti.

Honestly most times I think it was not so great, when we gained independence.  Caribbean politicians to DAMN TIEF.  We tend to blame everything on color and don't put the blame where it's due.

Honestly, I am so damn tired of us blaming everyone else but ourselves.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 22, 2022 8:19 am)

Offline

#8 Mar 22, 2022 8:42 am

New Historian
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

Word my brother.

Offline

#9 Mar 22, 2022 8:53 am

Slice
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

"Darkies, Niggers, Coons , Chocolates"-- you name them for you've been there . I've felt the brunt of racism too. By the time I've experienced it, my Jamaican teachers had given me a strong sense of identity so I could not be crushed. I could only carry on my life with dignity! What was queen Elizabeth II doing when we blacks were being tortured? Was she washing her beautiful white ass in her lavender-scented boudoir? I don't feel that I should be polite but I'm damned mad when we get too excited at their visit. As for reparations, they'll never pay it! France refused to pay it to Haiti's when former president Jean-Bertrand Aristide proposed it. Remember after slavery that England, etc. compensated the whites for the lost of their property. John Baille of Hermitage estate received at least seven million dollars. The Jews who survived the Holocaust got something for their troubles, didn't they? When the English and the other colonial powers pay up then we can begin to make amends! Calling Queen Elizabeth a "mother-fucking white queen" is only my way of loosening her influence on the dark subjects who still continue to hold on to a bloody farce! I refuse to take it back. Let her deal with it!

I just hope you know your Bawling out about racism coming from England and America is falling on deaf ears from most Small islanders.  Racism simple means some folks thinks they a superior human, it really means I am better than you, and will treat you like ah subhuman.

Don't you Jamaicans know that is exactly how you think and fell about other Caribbean countries?  Before you start complaining about other countries, cleanup your country first.  In Grenada, they say, take the Cak -ah-jay from your eyes, before asking someone to remove theirs.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 22, 2022 8:54 am)

Offline

#10 Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am

New Historian
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

Slice wrote:
Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

"Darkies, Niggers, Coons , Chocolates"-- you name them for you've been there . I've felt the brunt of racism too. By the time I've experienced it, my Jamaican teachers had given me a strong sense of identity so I could not be crushed. I could only carry on my life with dignity! What was queen Elizabeth II doing when we blacks were being tortured? Was she washing her beautiful white ass in her lavender-scented boudoir? I don't feel that I should be polite but I'm damned mad when we get too excited at their visit. As for reparations, they'll never pay it! France refused to pay it to Haiti's when former president Jean-Bertrand Aristide proposed it. Remember after slavery that England, etc. compensated the whites for the lost of their property. John Baille of Hermitage estate received at least seven million dollars. The Jews who survived the Holocaust got something for their troubles, didn't they? When the English and the other colonial powers pay up then we can begin to make amends! Calling Queen Elizabeth a "mother-fucking white queen" is only my way of loosening her influence on the dark subjects who still continue to hold on to a bloody farce! I refuse to take it back. Let her deal with it!

I just hope you know your Bawling out about racism coming from England and America is falling on deaf ears from most Small islanders.  Racism simple means some folks thinks they a superior human, it really means I am better than you, and will treat you like ah subhuman.

Don't you Jamaicans know that is exactly how you think and fell about other Caribbean countries?  Before you start complaining about other countries, cleanup your country first.  In Grenada, they say, take the Cak -ah-jay from your eyes, before asking someone to remove theirs.

Double-word!!!!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB