You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Apr 14, 2022 6:13 pm

Dancer
Active

GOOd FRIDAY ....

'  Only  2 days ago , it struck me that Easter was  only a coupe of  days away.  EASTER  a milestone in the history .

Resurrection , Salvation .  New Birth  with death .
Spring.

BEST for EASTER PEOPLE.
Look on the bright side of life.' lol.

#2 Apr 14, 2022 6:26 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: GOOd FRIDAY ....

And here is a Catholic site ...... BLOWS my mind.  !!!
With a Sunday school teacher. ?? Repub.
SeaCole god fearing
Samuel , Samuel .
In good company.
sad . lol.

#3 Apr 15, 2022 4:15 pm

houston
Active

Dancer wrote:

'  Only  2 days ago , it struck me that Easter was  only a coupe of  days away.  EASTER  a milestone in the history .

Resurrection , Salvation .  New Birth  with death .
Spring.

BEST for EASTER PEOPLE.
Look on the bright side of life.' lol.

Happy Good Friday to you Dancer.
Easter has always been an awkward weekend for remembering which day it is.
Stores are mayhem on the Thursday so better plan ahead for those supplies needed on Friday.
Again, stores are mayhem on the Saturday for those that didn't stock up.
Everything shut down again on Sunday, then we are left wondering what's opened or closed on the Monday.
Strange times on the calendar and difficult to plan around unless your entire weekend is devoted to religious observations.

#4 Apr 15, 2022 4:39 pm

houston
Active

I have three sisters, two older and one younger.
Never get invited for gatherings until Easter, when duty calls.
Thankfully the gathering was cancelled this year. Wasn't planning on attending anyway.

#5 Apr 15, 2022 8:48 pm

houston
Active

I hate Good Friday. It has to be the most depressing day of the year.
Why does it have to be on a Friday?

#6 Apr 16, 2022 12:49 pm

New Historian
Active

What's so good about Good Friday? Shouldn't it be Good Monday?

#7 Apr 16, 2022 3:47 pm

houston
Active

#8 Apr 17, 2022 8:40 am

Real Distwalker
Active

At the time King James the 1st commissioned his English language translation of scripture, the word 'good' was synonymous with 'holy' or 'pious".  A better name would, therefore, he Holy Friday.

Happy Easter all. If you are a believer, rejoice that Christ is risen!  If you are a non-believer, enjoy the spring day and the cultural memories of food and family in Easters past.

#9 Apr 17, 2022 7:20 pm

houston
Active

Strange holiday it is.
Do we feel sorrow one day, then rejoice and celebrate the next?
Do we attend church services, buy flowers from shops, wait for the Easter Bunny to deliver lots of chocolate goodies?
The practice of any of the many different religious beliefs is one big mixed up plate.

Regardless of affiliation, Easter has always been an excellent time to spend with family and enjoy some good meals together.

Happy Easter to the RD family.

#10 Apr 18, 2022 11:51 am

Slice
Active

Lordee, allyu ent easy nah.  Anyway, happy late Easter to the TS family.  You know NH posted a pic on FB concerning Kite flying in my neck of Grenada.  Ah mean the place where ah was born and grow.

You know that is my interest.  They does do a wake, starting on Holy Thursday evening and lasting very late Good Friday.

Seriously I know about 13 folks who came down from America to witness this event, it seems like it is getting bigger.

According to NH picture it took three grown men to control ah kite while it was ascending into the heavens.

Board footer