You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Apr 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Ah, those lovely English lassies....

Many, many photos here...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3277343/g … day-boozy/

Here is a sample of the babe photos....

nintchdbpict000314883812.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

#2 Apr 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Ah, those lovely English lassies....

Nice way to wake up the shop.  Thought this only happen for our Preakness.  Gosh they remind of that day in Baltimore.  Ah bunch ah loose drunk women.

#3 Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Those photos also make it clear that the Brits are going to have to stop heckling Americans for being overweight. smile

#4 Apr 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Expat
Active

There is a simple explanation for the lack of class being demonstrated.

Aintrey is the Racecourse for LIVERPOOL. The land of the chip buttie.

The pictures were as unappealing as those of a frat party.

Being chunkie is a spin off of eating American style or American foods.... Plus greed and self indulgence.

The more of the crap you ship over the fatter they get.

#5 Apr 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Yeah, they are poor, hapless victims of the United States.  Sheesh.

#6 Apr 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

TAintrey is the Racecourse for LIVERPOOL. The land of the chip buttie.

Don't blame that on us.  I had to Google "chip buttie".  I have never heard of such a thing under that name or any other name.  It is a dish completely foreign to me.

#7 Apr 10, 2017 6:31 pm

houston
Active

Wow, very classy event. The Fish n Chips must be good in Liverpool.

#8 Apr 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

LOL!

nintchdbpict000314869521.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

#9 Apr 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Yeah, they are poor, hapless victims of the United States.  Sheesh.

Yep, back in the day  Wimpy (the first), then MacDonalds, Wendie, Burger King, not forgetting KFC plus various pseudo Italian Pizza's that probably have American heredity, and don't even get close to that Corn syrup. All the "cheep" foods that kids love to chomp on. Lets not forget corn syrup laden Coke, and Pepsi. My very robust son in law used to drink gallons of the poison....

You do not seem get past self responsibility, whereas whether cultural feeding, like the North of England and Scotland probably eats some dire food simply because historically they were a) poorer b) had a colder more miserable climate, so would eat stodgy pies, pastry and "Chip Butties", to mention some in built reasons, but being overwhelmed by marketing, and artificially attractive food created laden with sugars of various kinds.... is entrapment.

I have my weaknesses as we all do, fortunately I also have a brake mechanism. So I may shovel down ice cream, sweet things, and may generally be a glutton today.... but probably tomorrow cognoscente of my foolishness I will deliberately eat very sensibly. Most people do not have that level of control. Pass a cake covered in cream past them today, and they will want it tomorrow.

Our lardy lasses are as evidenced by their appalling demeanour also a generation that has learned to "binge drink" which is both very stupid, and damaging to the health not to mention an ugly image. I am not excusing them from their loutish behaviour, although I did try to explain their locational roots may have something to do with it.

#10 Apr 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

TAintrey is the Racecourse for LIVERPOOL. The land of the chip buttie.

Don't blame that on us.  I had to Google "chip buttie".  I have never heard of such a thing under that name or any other name.  It is a dish completely foreign to me.

As you will have seen it is also spelled butty. Probably born out of the possibility depending on where you get your fish and chips,  of getting 2 slices of bread and butter as a side.  I guess it evolved to putting the chips directly into the sandwich rather than using the bread to soak up the oil/grease from the fish and chips.

It has to be said, simple Cod and Chips, or a "Chinese" and a decent pint of beer are the things I miss most about the UK, and rush to enjoy on arrival there.

Board footer