You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 06, 2022 11:42 am

New Historian
Active

Expat still in a Covid vex

I really can't believe this big-ass man, acting like a baby and throwing toys out of the box, just because we laugh at his stupid arguments - oh lord! Aren't we all supposed to be dead of the vaccine by now? He even blocked me by text, what a joker!

#2 May 06, 2022 11:58 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Expat still in a Covid vex

Yeah, that's a shame.  He was a good online conversationalist for many years.  Of all the debates, arguments and fights we have had on here for many, many years, it seems strange that a disagreement about vaccines would drive him away.

#3 May 06, 2022 12:02 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

This is especially true since we were all going on information we had at the time and that things change. 

For example, a year ago I was a proponent of vaccine mandates.  I figured we could eliminate the virus with herd immunity.  That is obviously not the case.  The vaccines don't prevent infection or spread.  At least not much.  If they don't prevent spread, there is no reason to mandate them. 

Now, I remain a supporter of vaccines.  The evidence that I have witnessed with my own eyes over and over and over again is that, when the vaccinated get Covid, they get over it quickly and don't end up in the hospital.  Still, there is no reason to force people to protect themselves.

If Expat were here, however, he could force me to eat crow for my previous support of vaccine mandates to stop the spread.

#4 May 09, 2022 9:26 am

Slice
Active

I spoke to him just yesterday.  I think in terms of covid he got much worst.  I am going to asking him to come back.  Am going to say RD and NH ask him to come back.

Nah ah better not mention RD,

#5 May 09, 2022 9:41 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Ah c'mon!  Expat loves me.  We are buddies.

#6 May 09, 2022 10:35 am

Real Distwalker
Active

He is simply pissed that I won't abandon modern medicine and sign on to the he-man, all natural, pureblood, organic anti-vaxxer cult.  smile

#7 May 09, 2022 11:29 am

New Historian
Active

You'd think that all this anti-vaxxer crap would have died by now, because, aren't we vaxxed people all supposed to be dead by now? The world used to be divided between white and non-white, left and right, now we have a new form of division!

Come back Expat, we still love ya! smile

#8 May 09, 2022 11:39 am

Real Distwalker
Active

From what I have seen on Twitter, everyone who has died in the last year has died from the vaccine and there is a massive coverup concealing this terrible truth.  Furthermore, it is accelerating and soon every community will have impossible to conceal mountains of corpses.

It's like "The Q" but for anti-vaxxers.

#9 May 10, 2022 8:22 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

You'd think that all this anti-vaxxer crap would have died by now, because, aren't we vaxxed people all supposed to be dead by now? The world used to be divided between white and non-white, left and right, now we have a new form of division!

Come back Expat, we still love ya! smile

Exactly what I said to him.  He gave me some crap about 15 Millon deaths caused by vaccines.  Ah ask him if he mad?  The good news is he told me this year is ah Bumper crop of Julie Mangoes.

I think Expat is much much more dug in now.  In all honesty NH and maybe 5 other Grenadians That I know in Grenada believe in vaccines.

BTW, RD I think it should be mandated.  Who the hell gives you the right to make me sick and in some cases kill people?

#10 May 10, 2022 10:32 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

BTW, RD I think it should be mandated.  Who the hell gives you the right to make me sick and in some cases kill people?

That was my position until it became eminently evident that the vaccinated can still get Covid and spread it.  The vaccine keeps most cases mild so it is a wonderful thing and I support people getting the jab.  It simply doesn't prevent spread.  No one is more disappointed about that than am I, but facts are facts.

Board footer