You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 18, 2022 5:20 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

For Dancer:The Igbo or Eboe Tribe

Dancer, do you have that ancestry? How interesting! I used the tribe in some of my stories. Many people from the tribe were shipped to the Caribbean. Many came from the Bight of Benin. In the History of Jamaica. Mr. Clinton V. Black wrote: "The Eboes, on the other hand, had for ages been enslaved in Africa by stronger tribes and were, as a result, docile and rather sad by nature. The women, particularly, made good and willing field laborers."

Come to the source for NH doesn't know a shit!

Last edited by Wide Sargasso Sea (May 18, 2022 5:21 am)

#2 May 18, 2022 11:30 am

New Historian
Active

Re: For Dancer:The Igbo or Eboe Tribe

I know one thing: Igbo women are gorgeous, tall and leggy with fine features.  In South Africa most of the Nigerian immigrants (legal and otherwise) are Igbos, they are very business oriented people. I'm not sure about now, but there had never been an Igbo president of Nigeria, which was a bone of contention. I remember the Biafran civil war in 67-69, when Nigeria basically starved the Igbos into submission.

Any more?

Last edited by New Historian (May 18, 2022 2:18 pm)

#3 May 18, 2022 4:16 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Fee-fi-fo-fum,I smell the blood of a Grenadian man and not a "scoundrel"
I saw that you initially referred to my looks and I came home to cuss you out but then you edited your work. Good. The Eboe women are indeed renowned for their beauty and their poise. In the 18th century, they might have been a weak tribe having been trodden upon by many, but given opportunities to advance themselves, they've come to be respected members of society. It is a lesson for us all. All that people need to become productive members of society is opportunities!

#4 May 18, 2022 6:55 pm

New Historian
Active

Had an Igbo lady friend in Abuja: Beauty by name and nature, na-wah-oh! Took me to great night spots and chop bars, lots of live music and 'spraying' - patrons walking onstage and throwing Naira banknotes, or plastering them on the sweating face of the singers and dancers! Stage hands quickly gather them up, watched carefully by the band's manager!

#5 May 18, 2022 7:02 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Was she a Muslim?

#6 May 18, 2022 7:22 pm

New Historian
Active

HELL no! Only once did I ever go out with a Muslim, and it was less than satisfactory. A bright young woman, pretty, lively, but she was 'cut', which resulted in an awful sexual experience - for both. I was so saddened, WHO would do such an awful act of mutilation, to a girl child?! Old women, that's who.

#7 May 18, 2022 7:28 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Female Genital Mutilation is horrible! But the men are the culprits behind this horror. The women only perform the surgery with filthy knives and scraps. Thank heavens that we do not practice this form of circumcision in the West Indies. In their minds, they are preventing their women from being sexually promiscuous. To retaliate, the women should hack off their balls!

#8 May 19, 2022 12:05 am

New Historian
Active

Never mind your usual overkill with your last sentence, I agree 100%. What I don't get is the men: you want to eliminate your wife's sexual desires - so you're willing to make love to a log? A circumcised woman HATES sex, it's painful - and that's who you want to make 'love' to, every night? Mind you, that's but one crazy element of that crazy 'religion' called Islam. I don't have time for any religions, but Islam tops that list.

On the other side of the gender coin, slighty tongue in cheek and nowhere near as awful as FGM, don't you think that MALE circumcision is also ... genital mutilation? God gave us a helmet for good reasons, who are we to remove it? And from poor baby boys, who have no control over what happens to their pee-pee!

#9 May 19, 2022 11:15 am

Dancer
Active

The  Eboe  people ,  one of the largest ethnic group in Africa.
In Jamaica the Lgbo were often referred  to as Eboe or Ibo. Jamaican language  is littered in loan-word from the Igbo language.
' Red Igbos ' is a word used to describe people with light skin tones with African features.  Jamaica ( OK )
Bussa from Bim  is said to be of the Igbo people.

Mention of the Eboe people in gripe's post  cause me to want to know what my tribe is .
Sorry NH. ...lmao.

Are you Eboe , WSS ?
Thanks to you and NH.
Gave 2 sides of the Eboe.
Cool.

Ah , I must 'tip my hat' To NH .
Classy Guy.       

.... I am laughing even now       >>> Questioning NH  about Tribal Affairs..

But NH ... secure in his skin  , kept the tiller straight.

Class WSS ,

Last edited by Dancer (May 22, 2022 9:58 am)

Board footer