You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Phyllis Coard: Rights vs. Wrongs

https://www.bigdrumnation.com/2021/03/0 … -bousquet/

NH, I know you dislike Phyllis, but I admire the people who recognized her contributions and not her shortcomings. Let us begin a civilized conversation and dissect her character.

#2 May 18, 2022 6:26 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Phyllis Coard: Rights vs. Wrongs

No I don't like the bitch, but I actually bought her book the other day, not read yet. If ever. It's personal, in a small community like Grenada, everyone knows people who were affected, imprisoned, tortured, killed.

#3 May 18, 2022 7:32 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

NH, you always refer to Mrs. Coard as a "bitch" and I really do not like it. You blamed the terror in Grenada only on her. Aren't women's rights better now than it had been before?

#4 May 19, 2022 12:44 am

New Historian
Active

I do, and although my wife agrees 100% with the sentiment, she always bristles, at by choice of gender cuss-word! Only reason I call her a bitch is it's a readily available insult, that just happens to be gender-specific. My go-to male equivalent insult is much worse, but also, female-gender related!

I'm a voracious researcher on the Revo, read every book, blog and online documents like RD's Real Revo, Alistair Hughes and Ann Wilder. I speak to the witnesses, participants, victims, I've seen the released prisoners. You have to understand the enormous, personal, visceral, emotional impact that the events of October 1983 had, on every single Grenadian. The first time I returned to Grenada after the Revo was 5 years later, and it was still very much present, like an open scab. Everyone has stories, everyone has sadness.

So yeah, mea culpa with calling Phyllis a bitch, let me correct that: They're ALL bitches, all 17 of the murdering bastards.

#5 May 19, 2022 9:02 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

No I don't like the bitch, but I actually bought her book the other day, not read yet. If ever. It's personal, in a small community like Grenada, everyone knows people who were affected, imprisoned, tortured, killed.

I actually hate her, and just bring up this She-devil name makes me want to vomit.

There was nothing correct about this woman, she totally mislead the good folks of Grenada, especially all the different woman groups she started.

I knew this She-devil way before the revo.  That whore even robbed all the monies from the Woman group she started.  To me Phylis Always had a plan to deceive the good folks of Grenada.  As usual we are small and dumb, ent that the way Jamaicans think?  I am prepared to forgive Bernard, but not that witch.

Last edited by Slice (May 19, 2022 9:08 am)

#6 May 20, 2022 6:51 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7U38mRAvGM

Be willing to discuss this video and article tomorrow.

#7 May 20, 2022 7:08 am

Slice
Active

Chester Humphry, really? Another big piece of SHITE.  He did not say, she went back and stole the monies. It is critical, that you know where you are getting your information from.

Chester Humphry is ah crook and ah sell out.

Phylis had a plan and worked perfectly for her.  Her ARSE should still be in jail.

#8 May 20, 2022 6:59 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

He couldn't be lying. could he? It seems that Mrs. Coard had Very strong qualities as well as some very bad one. I love the fact that Mr. Humphry proved his points about the subject.

#9 May 20, 2022 7:23 pm

New Historian
Active

Hitler was great for the German economy and got the trains to run on time, should we also appreciate these 'strong qualities'? You can have 100 strong qualities, but when you order the mass murder of a nation's leadership plus countless others, it kind of trumps the other 'good' stuff. You get me?

#10 May 21, 2022 8:10 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm … story.html

NH, I am aware of bias articles written in favor of the Coard's. Iam just trying to get a full grip of what happened in '83. Bishop's alliance with Cuba for support even though he was not a communist. Like Manley, Mr. Bishop saw the necessity of this relationship since Cuba has always lent her hands to her surrounding neighbors. RD mentioned years ago that tons of Russian ammunition were found in a warehouse when the Americans arrived. Was it planted there or did Cuba gave them to Bishop? The article placed Bishop as a "Communist" or was it the Coard's who wanted Grenada to go total Communist? Was Phyllis the brains behind her husband who pushed him to act? How do you NH know this? Were you living in their household at the time? The article mentions that they were used as a scapegoat by the USA as the killers of Bishop. Were they? Commie mentioned years ago that Phyllis caused the firing of many officials and that she was "spoiled" and felt entitled being a Tia maria heiress.  In reality, Phyllis was just a distant relative of the founder. She had no money, only a well-connected lineage.  Was she a domineering big-mouthed bully? Yet she did so much to help the women of Grenada.  Tell me more NH. Why do you blame her?

Board footer