You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 May 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Calypso
Active

For Dancer: Documentary--Tools of exploitation

I was watching this documentary and noticed how the situation in Africa is the same as in the Caribbean. Europe ;exchanged our wealth with their tools.'  We get nothing for our wealth for it is shipped to Europe. What would happened if oil in found in the Caribbean? Russia, the United States would enter us in their lucrative schemes. They'd ship their frigging machines to extract it. They would employed our laborers cheaply and pocket the profit. Our crooked politicians would benefit the most for they do not do anything to help build the country.

#2 May 15, 2017 10:04 am

Dancer
Active

Re: For Dancer: Documentary--Tools of exploitation

Well JA ,  are you catching up on some old news ? 30 years ago , most of the progressive students , thinkers , were saying what the Prof was talking about.
The European mandate  " Dual Mandate"     ---  the principles of 'British' imperialism .

BUT  lets fast forward  :  some new reading ;
>> Is China the new imperialist ?
>> China tells Japan to stay off its second continent . Africa

Speaking of where we are in the Caribbean with most  of its  leaders and a lot of its  people in 2017  this sentence  from the Prof :
'
Westernization without real modernization' ( The islands,  expensive cars , big houses, multi choice TV ......  garbage collection , proper running water , unemployment , importing  everything ,   you get the drift.

Leaders missing.

#3 May 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Calypso
Active

Our past affects our future. Don't you get it?

#4 May 16, 2017 8:39 am

Dancer
Active

Yes Teach , or thought , I did get it . lol
But do I need some remedial lessons  ?  lol.

Board footer